Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    The game gets much harder as you go along, struggling without a co op partner in the city.

Also, could anybody help with this quest, trying to find someone
    Richard who says hes in a lifeguard tower by the beach

Is that the radio message you hear somewhere so say he is
    in a lifeguard town surrounded by zombies
    ??????? If so it's in the
    mid / upper east of the map where the houses are on stilts and the area is likely green still on the map marked as unexplored, it's hard to miss once you are there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Another glitch, none of the lads will make me molotovs, no matter how much booze I give them.

I buy em
    250 each from the seller dude in the city garage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

sold out in all the shops i checked, will have to ring up places today to see do they have it in stock before I waste my travelling to them :D

Gandalph wrote: »
    sold out in all the shops i checked, will have to ring up places today to see do they have it in stock before I waste my travelling to them :D

Wow sold out ? Looks like all those negative reviews really put people off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Its the same in the UK, it's selling like hotcakes
    Couple of friends have been trying to get it but find it's sold out everywhere they go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

BrianG23 wrote: »
    No, it has the atmosphere though so long as you play alone. Zombies are only scary because Resident evil odd angles and music made them so. They are what you'd expect them to be in this.

I was playing last night and got to the r
    eturn to the hotel to get the truck
    section. THAT was ****in scary. I was on edge the whole time. Especially when youd come across a room full of zombies and be like, ****, how the hell do i get past these?? Hearing the noises of the zombies, creeping around the corridors, and the blind panic when you realize there 3 or more infected charging you down was AMAZE. This game is the best zombie game ive ever played. Captures the whole survival aspect of the genre perfectly.

calex71 wrote: »
    Wow sold out ? Looks like all those negative reviews really put people off :D

Yeh people are buying it just to throw it in the bin, its that bad like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There are loads of copies in every shop in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm in the sewers just started chapter 7 and found a room with a stacked pile of skulls,with a red arrow painted on the wall pointing down at them. Anyone know what these are for? I can't pick em up or interact with them at all.

never mind, appaerently it is a drop off point that gives you blueprints for dev weapons when you place a certain coloured skull on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm in the sewers just started chapter 7 and found a room with a stacked pile of skulls,with a red arrow painted on the wall pointing down at them. Anyone know what these are for? I can't pick em up or interact with them at all.

You mean orange? It's a developer custom weapon mod blueprint. You'll find the orange skull somewhere in the supermarket (look it up on youtube where exactly it) and then bring it back to where you see the skulls with arrow on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

This looks like on seriously good game!!!

I was a bit worried about fighting
    humans
    but have to say i love the gun play in it! Cleaver is by far my favourite weapon, the bloody mess that gets left behind after a fight is unreal! Also, good idea to unlock blunt expert for sam b as he gets a stomp that kills grounded zombies in one go. Very useful.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was a bit worried about fighting
    humans
    but have to say i love the gun play in it! Cleaver is by far my favourite weapon, the bloody mess that gets left behind after a fight is unreal! Also, good idea to unlock blunt expert for sam b as he gets a stomp that kills grounded zombies in one go. Very useful.

Everyone gets that perk when they buy out their specialty in the middle of the middle column of skills. Really handy for thugs if you can knock them over in a car and get out quick enough :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

WHy did i put 2 points in jump attack :(

Very interested in this game, is it worth a buy or better renting for a week?

I have given up the chase, can't get this game anywere around me and wont be stocked until thur/fri according to them all :( my week off and everything would of loved to get stuck in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I have given up the chase, can't get this game anywere around me and wont be stocked until thur/fri according to them all :( my week off and everything would of loved to get stuck in

sure rent it for the week so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you could get the bus to Galway you could buy it. There was so many copies on the shelves everywhere I went it was like Karma was mocking me for preordering it on cdwow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Game is so horribly laggy on the PS3. It cant handle all too much before it gets laggy/freezing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Everyone gets that perk when they buy out their specialty in the middle of the middle column of skills. Really handy for thugs if you can knock them over in a car and get out quick enough :D
    not sure if all chars have a speciality cheevo but my char has a speciality for beating a ram with his charge attack

Ya got that trophy a while ago kill a ram with a tackle. I love the House M.D trophy as well. 'Everybody Lies' Take large medkit when you have 95% health. haha

not sure if all chars have a speciality cheevo but my char has a speciality for beating a ram with his charge attack

Only possible with sam B

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Jumpy wrote: »
    *sniff* you had me at "Who do your Voodoo bitch?" *Cries*

anyone else a big fan of the intro?

I hate this so called "wrap" music. Yet I love that intro.

PS3 patch incoming to fix a few different issues but mainly the autosave and trophy issues
    PS3 Update- The Dead Island development team is right now working on a patch to optimize the gaming experience on the PS3. The patch will, among some other tweaks, improve the game's autosaving system and also fix issues with the trophy system.

The patch will be available as soon as possible, the team is working on it full steam - thanks for your patience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Feckin' sewers have me traumatised! Glad I invested fully in the charge/ram attack. Run and smash!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

anyone beaten it yet?

Ok through the sewers and now in the posh part of town but I got a cutscene were they referance
    those assholes in the police station
    :confused:

I heard them on the loud speaker but never found the place, did I miss anything there or was that just bad plot pathing on the devs part :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Is that the radio message you hear somewhere so say he is
    in a lifeguard town surrounded by zombies
    ??????? If so it's in the
    mid / upper east of the map where the houses are on stilts and the area is likely green still on the map marked as unexplored, it's hard to miss once you are there
    Yep thats the one, do you get much for saving him? Would it be worth my while going to save the poor chap? :D

• Advertisement

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Yep thats the one, do you get much for saving him? Would it be worth my while going to save the poor chap? :D

Do it and don't miss the
    weapon on the bed
    in the place he sends you!!!!!!

Advertisement