Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I'm interested in this game, but I've been put off by all the talk in reviews of it being built around a co-op experience - cos I'm a loner and don't like playing with people. Reading the comments above though it reads like most you guys are playing solo? How's that working out for you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Branoic wrote: »
    I'm interested in this game, but I've been put off by all the talk in reviews of it being built around a co-op experience - cos I'm a loner and don't like playing with people. Reading the comments above though it reads like most you guys are playing solo? How's that working out for you?

I think co-op would be annoying, I'm far happier randomly poking my nose into houses, clambering around strange roofs and veering off during quests, and being accountable to someone else would just impede that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

calex71 wrote: »
    Ok through the sewers and now in the posh part of town but I got a cutscene were they referance
    those assholes in the police station
    :confused:

I heard them on the loud speaker but never found the place, did I miss anything there or was that just bad plot pathing on the devs part :(

I was gonna post the exact same thing man!! The cutscenes with the 4 heroes are very poor. Story all over the place and some backgrounds missing. They look like last minute cutscenes. I heard the message on an invisible radio from the lifeguard about the gang turning on a little girl but I have no quest for it. Just finished City Hall pt.2 Gonna do all the sidequests in moresby town first before returning to the church.

+1 on the tackle move, saved me a lot of annoyance and hassle backtracking through the sewers! Loving this game to bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Level 8 but still only chapter 2, I have to say this game sucked me in more than dues ex anyway (and i love dues ex). I could just walk around the island all day mutilating zed heads.

I havnt had much experience with coop yet, something came up on screen and I pushed a button and voila, some random guy on xbox live was standing right next to me, he was opening doors and bashing skulls so I decided to leave coz I wanted to figure the game for myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Branoic wrote: »
    Game is more suitable to single imo. It's hard though for sure, but then shouldn't it be hard? I lik ethe fact that I have to run from zombies sometimes. It what you'd always expect from a zombie game. The city has been the most dangerous for me so far.

Cutscenes are all over the place yeah, I dunno how the hell some stuff happens, in the mall some random cutscene comes on. I'm fairly certain the game in unfinsihed in that aspect, there seems to be some gameplay segments left out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Bonesy. wrote: »
    anyone beaten it yet?

Yes. My guess is there will be a sequel.

Oh and for those that think the city is hard. Wait for the
    prison asylum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Just got into the city last night. Feck me it's like a different game especially with all the different varieties of zombies running around and the lack of weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Asmodean wrote: »
    Just got into the city last night. Feck me it's like a different game especially with all the different varieties of zombies running around and the lack of weapons.
    You can pick up guns in the city off of the Punks that are still human

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Asmodean wrote: »
    Ya it is a complete change isn't it. The whole design behind it is different. Forces you to play a different way. I recommend keeping any guns you find until there is a harder enemy or until you get surprised by a few runners(most annoying enemies so far haha) save your ammo for them

• Advertisement

am I not getting exp by killing from molotov cocktails or am I just missing the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah you definitely have to plan in advance a bit more than at the beginning of the game. For the first couple of hours I was just using whatever weapon came to hand. Now I am reserving different weapons for different situations. Also I'm running from packs of zombies a bit more often than I was at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Noticing some sound issues on the PS3. Its making a crackling sound, the only other game I noticed this in was half life 2. Game is also freezing for 2-3 seconds then resuming. Its slow at loading up the textures too. Still its so damn addictive.

jet black, are you playing on the Single Player option or Online? I play on Single Player and don't get any issues. Just wanted to see if the game gets glitch when it is on public rooms ready for other people to join?

So what are your favourite weapons so far?

sheehy83 wrote: »

I have a nice collection of nailed baseball bats

just downloaded an update on xbox live, must be to fix some bugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Shock machete & Shock Pistol ftw! \:D/

Orange Ninja Sword with Deathstalker mod.

It has a green cloud coming off it and makes enemies puke their intestines up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 smallspanky

I need to buy this game soon!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 1984brightside

I must play..,great one

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Honestly I think I'm enjoying this as much as I did Deus Ex.

Maximilian wrote: »

Ya, I was loving Deus Ex, about half way through when I got Dead Island. I thought I would play DI for a little while and then go back finish DE but just can't do it! Dead Island is so addictive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I'm confused - is this game worth buying or not? I've never seen so many mixed responses / reviews in my life!

Also, has anyone who got it and downloaded the update noticed any improvement?

GOTY for me so far but I know Batman, Ass creed and SR 3 will beat that tho. The negative reviews nearly put me off getting this, so glad I did tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GOTY for me so far but I know Batman, Ass creed and SR 3 will beat that tho. The negative reviews nearly put me off getting this, so glad I did tho!

Same here, and I thought deus ex had set the bar for me, but this takes it up another notch, totally different games though. 2 AAA+++ titles in a matter of weeks and the floodgates are about to open with a whole bunch more in next while.

Anyone on the fence about this one get off it and buy the game the reviews are bulls**t !!!!!
    I'm confused - is this game worth buying or not? I've never seen so many mixed responses / reviews in my life!

Also, has anyone who got it and downloaded the update noticed any improvement?

It was fine even before the patch for me (xbox) very little if anything buggy that bothered me much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

God damn you people. I'd almost been convinced not to buy it, but now you've convinced me to pick it up after work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

amazing game rough around the edges but so much FUN

God dam its so addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Maximilian wrote: »

I played a few hours of DX, got bored senseless, traded it for DI, and havent regretted it for a single second. This game is absolutely immense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any differences between the console versions? Want to get it on a console so i can trade it back in later.

Advertisement