Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

Just finished it there - since I don't play online and thus won't be playing co-op, is there any replayability? I can't see where there might be, so I'm hoping to trade it into Game and get GoW3 for 99c.

It was an awesome game, not as dark as I had hoped, but a lot of fun. Most definitely was worth the purchase for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

couldn't find a copy of this anywhere. despite the poor reviews.. How to get rick quick in 2011: build a game, any game and put zombies in. I'm just interested in techlands take on a paradise island but inevitably zombies got in the way :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

LH Pathe wrote: »
    couldn't find a copy of this anywhere. despite the poor reviews.. How to get rick quick in 2011: build a game, any game and put zombies in. I'm just interested in techlands take on a paradise island but inevitably zombies got in the way :/

Wasn't this being made for the last 5 years?? Plus Having a zombie game is fine. Having a war game and then saying oh we better put zombies in this to appeal to more people is just retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Who's rick??? :confused:

Dead Island was a Zombie game from the very beginning, so it's not accurate to say that they were "just added". As for the bad reviews; Dead Island, for me, was one of the most fun games of this year, up there with Bulletstorm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

starting a new game on the pc tonight id say if anyone is interested in joining for a co-op game send me a pm.
    hoping to do all side missions, explore everything etc etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

While loading an area in the city, i saw a message saying that some areas are extremely high threat and not to go there alone. Sorry now, but that's retarded. I'm being punished for not wanting to play with other people... Good thing it's a good game, or i'd be getting rid of it.

The cutscenes also make the single player feel left out. It's obvious they wanted 4 people playing this together. Still though, savage game. I'm finding the Rams fairly easy so far, but i can see how they'll get annoying. Suiciders? I throw my Shock Mod Machete at them and boom, so all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

While loading an area in the city, i saw a message saying that some areas are extremely high threat and not to go there alone. Sorry now, but that's retarded. I'm being punished for not wanting to play with other people... Good thing it's a good game, or i'd be getting rid of it.

No ones punishing anyone, Im yet to come across an area thats more dangereous than the next. If you see a "Do not enter" sign on a door in a game what is the 1st thing you do? I went looking for these areas as soon as that warning came up on my loading screen.

In the city, there is a section with barriers up with an infected sign. You can get in by climbing ladders. Place is swarming with infected and got killed a few times. Legged it in and out of there, very hard to explore the place. Just made it into the jungle, games is so huge! Anyone tell me if they found anything good around the
    crashed plane
    ? Killed a ton of punks there but only found 2 shiitty weapon crates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Crosáidí wrote: »

Who's rick??? :confused:

correction; prìck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    In the city, there is a section with barriers up with an infected sign. You can get in by climbing ladders. Place is swarming with infected and got killed a few times. Legged it in and out of there, very hard to explore the place. Just made it into the jungle, games is so huge! Anyone tell me if they found anything good around the
    crashed plane

No :mad: and I was really expecting to find some cool stuff there too.

Though there is a quest later that rewarded me with a 946 base damage kitana :eek: Kills butchers in 1 or 2 swings !!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Picked this up on Saturday, and got a few hours of play over the weekend. It's good, but i'm finding it quite repetitive. Even with the punks and some gunplay, it's still very samey. Not sure how long i'll keep going tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

crashed plane

Yeah its the centre of Moresby, and its a ****ing nightmare. I found my way in there without realising once, and just got my ass mobbed to death every 2 seconds. Now i very wisely sidestep any location that has a giant biohazard symbol on it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Game arrived today should get a go of it tonight.

On PC is it a xbox controller or keyboard/mouse game?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Took the dive against my will (reviews put me off but users here put me back on :P)

Pretty good so far. I saw the bugs in videos but its been patched and haven't noticed anything strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

ScumLord wrote: »
    Game arrived today should get a go of it tonight.

On PC is it a xbox controller or keyboard/mouse game?

given the choice, and this being first person, I'd have to go with keyboard and mouse :)

Wossack wrote: »
    given the choice, and this being first person, I'd have to go with keyboard and mouse :)

Analog controls using a joypad > KB&M. And this is on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

Not used the analog mode, but wouldnt like to hamstring myself in shooting, and basic navigation. Many a time Ive had to look around quicker then a pad would allow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I'm stuck on a part where
    Ope brings you to the tribal village and a swarm of Zombies come after you, can't get pass it either he dies or I die :(

Not used the analog mode, but wouldnt like to hamstring myself in shooting, and basic navigation. Many a time Ive had to look around quicker then a pad would allow

It improves the combat by about 100%. Its how the game was meant to be played IMO. Ive put about 9 hours in on PC with a pad and havent missed kb&m for a second. Theres not alot of shooting in the game anyway, at least not if youre using sam b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It was the fact that most the combat seems to be hand to hand that had me thinking it might be a pad game.

I'm hoping one or the other I had to switch between the two in GTA, pad for car and KB/M when on foot.

Ope brings you to the tribal village and a swarm of Zombies come after you, can't get pass it either he dies or I die :(

Is this the point where there's a Thug, a Predator and tonnes of Infected and Walkers? That took me many tries to complete, especially when Opie would jump straight in and attack the Thug. If you have fury, use it to take out as many of the Walkers/Infected and then deal with the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Got to the jungle today. I was tracking a sidequest and my jeep got caught between the bonnet of a crashed truck and a tree. I was thinking to myself "hmm i appear to be sitting very high." i got out and had a look at the situation. My jeep was hovering about 5 feet in the air and bucking around like it was a lowrider or something! Couldnt move it for the life of me so i had to backtrack on foot the rest of the way....... Hillarious!

not so much a glitch, but i found this hilarious

2 voice actors for one character :D

I'm just on the exact same part, not looking forward to it. I use Rage to take out the thugs quickly and then just start swinging kicks to keep Z's away from Ope. I'm loving the detail of the graphics in the jungle!

Anyone find the Zombie family (well no kids anyway) having a campfire holiday outside their RV in the middle of the jungle? Thought that was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

I'm nearly about to break this ****ing game in half. It's a good story but is buggy as hell.The game won't save for **** about four times I have been sent back about 2-4 hours in the story because the game didn't save properely even though i saw the hdd sign on the and waited for it to dissaper. The most recent was the worest was past the where
    you go to back to the city to get fuel and the package for the boat after you have gotten the mummy flesh
    and it sent me all the way back to the part where you
    kill afran
    . I was so pissed i snapped my headphines after i bounced them off the floor. Even now i was doing the quest where you have to record the transimmion for nick and i died and it respawned me 705m's away

Thats ruff man! Can I ask what platform you are playing on and if you are are available for online or are you in Single Player mode?

Thats ruff man! Can I ask what platform you are playing on and if you are are available for online or are you in Single Player mode?
    I'm playing it on ps3 and play either but mostly singleplayer because have the time it won't connect

I'm playing it on ps3 and play either but mostly singleplayer because have the time it won't connect

But in the options under the Online section, have you selected Single Player, LAN or Online? Devs have said if you play on Single Player mode, you should not get the save glitch. I only went online once but the game is more atmospheric and panicky on single player.

• Advertisement

But in the options under the Online section, have you selected Single Player, LAN or Online? Devs have said if you play on Single Player mode, you should not get the save glitch. I only went online once but the game is more atmospheric and panicky on single player.
    think i will play in singleplayer from now on

Advertisement