Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Yeah it's better to play single player imo. When me and a mate played co-op he's always getting the good stuffs. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

looking at this thread its making me go mad that i dont have this game, should i wait to pick it up cheap or just get it asap. The one thing thats stopping me is i have a couple unplayed games and theres bugs still present in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tonydude wrote: »
    looking at this thread its making me go mad that i dont have this game, should i wait to pick it up cheap or just get it asap. The one thing thats stopping me is i have a couple unplayed games and theres bugs still present in it.

Well I got Deus Ex which is a brilliant game but was mad to play Dead Island, even though there were bad reviews for it, it just seemed like my kinda game. I planned to play a bit then go back and finish Deus Ex. Havn't taken Dead Island out since putting it into my PS3. There is an instant patch that fixes a lot of stuff and playing it on single player, the game is running perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

bah missing one location before I head to act 4 , any Ideas ?I already checked the most missed ones, think I might be glitched still , so might resort to the resetting method.

calex71 wrote: »
    bah missing one location before I head to act 4 , any Ideas ?I already checked the most missed ones, think I might be glitched still , so might resort to the resetting method.

How can you tell how many locations you missed? I was keeping track of this but the jungle is too big and has too many shaded areas for me to go wandering around.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    How can you tell how many locations you missed? I was keeping track of this but the jungle is too big and has too many shaded areas for me to go wandering around.

Ah I checked various places, all confirm you should have 57/72 before going to Act 4

Ah I checked various places, all confirm you should have 57/72 before going to Act 4

Ah right, I have something like 47 and just got to the
    sacred mountains place with Ope
    . Am I close to Act 4?

Ah right, I have something like 47 and just got to the
    sacred mountains place with Ope
    . Am I close to Act 4?

Close ish, I still managed to find a hub in the north of the jungle map and a few random sidequests in the city while finishing out Act III.

@ 47 locations it sounds like you skipped a few of the side quests maybe , I was at 53 or 54 at that point.

ah ****e thats annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Close ish, I still managed to find a hub in the north of the jungle map and a few random sidequests in the city while finishing out Act III.

@ 47 locations it sounds like you skipped a few of the side quests maybe , I was at 53 or 54 at that point.

I had kinda thought that like say, Fallout, you could roam around the map as you please? Using the fast travel option....can you not just revisit areas and see them all? Hmmm. I was working on that assumption. Also, I wonder what happens when you finish the game - does it just end, game over, or can you still wander around from say, your last checkpoint or something? Seeing as unlike Fallout there aren't a variety of save files, if the game ended without any chance of further exploration and random killing, I'd be incredibly disappointed.

• Advertisement

I had kinda thought that like say, Fallout, you could roam around the map as you please? Using the fast travel option....can you not just revisit areas and see them all? Hmmm. I was working on that assumption. Also, I wonder what happens when you finish the game - does it just end, game over, or can you still wander around from say, your last checkpoint or something? Seeing as unlike Fallout there aren't a variety of save files, if the game ended without any chance of further exploration and random killing, I'd be incredibly disappointed.

I'm working on the assumption that act 3's end is the point of no return , I was googling while avoiding spoilers though.

All solutions say to make sure you have 57 before handing in the act 3 finisher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Just got my first play of this on PC, haven't noticed any major problems bar the fact it takes over 6 minutes to start up (I've read that could be down to having two displays) and there's no easy option to turn on vsync.

The analog combat control is a bit annoying the way it always seems to lock onto the zombie you've just dispatched instead of the one that's attacking you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

In the city, there is a section with barriers up with an infected sign. You can get in by climbing ladders. Place is swarming with infected and got killed a few times. Legged it in and out of there, very hard to explore the place. Just made it into the jungle, games is so huge! Anyone tell me if they found anything good around the
    crashed plane
    ? Killed a ton of punks there but only found 2 shiitty weapon crates.

Yeah, went into that place today, and definitely not for a person by themselves. It's nuckin futs in there, and i'd love to look around because it seems to be (at the moment) where the main outbreak occurred, what with all the medi-tents, etc.

I am getting annoyed by the lag, i've been running into the wall more times than i care to remember, and the texture loading is getting longer and longer with each load. But only minor issues on an otherwise brilliant game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

In a multiplayer four player game with all people attacking the same zombie on the ground it really reminds me of the printer scene in Office Space.

It's a pity you can't pick up a printer and bring it out to a field so 4 of ye can lash into it with bats. Would be the greatest video ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just finished it there now, quite good fun all round. Just thought the city level dragged it down a bit. I'll be playing a sequel for sure if there is one.

Dragged it down? The city is one of the best things about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Just bumped into the butcher (?) for the first time last night. That cutscene where you see him at the top of that alley and he pegs it at you!
    Sweet jesus I haven't panicked like that in a game for a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Great game, loved it.

Although one of my favorite rifles disappeared last night which made me rage quit my second play through. Really annoying how that happens :mad:

Asmodean wrote: »
    Just bumped into the butcher (?) for the first time last night. That cutscene where you see him at the top of that alley and he pegs it at you!

No accident that you meet him in the jungle either I'd say, nor is the fact he looks like
    predator
    definite nod to the 1st movie there I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Thank you!! I knew he reminded me of someone but I just couldn't put a finger on it. All I kept thinking was
    Yoshimitsu
    for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Jumpy wrote: »
    Dragged it down? The city is one of the best things about the game.

Yeah, just thought it went on for too long. Didn't have the charm of the resort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm having save problems, even on single player, which I've been doing now for the last while. I was in the city, game saved, but when I hit continue, I'm back in the jungle, and my list of quests/side-quests is completely wrong! For example, my level, weapons and inventory are all as they should be, but some quests I'd finished are now marked as yet to be started, and others are marked as done, but I never even started them! Really starting to bug me now, sometimes it saves correctly, but even few times when I select 'continue' I'm back in the jungle with all XP/Invent as it should be, but quests wildly inaccurate. It's always either the correct save or else this one spot in the jungle, never anywhere else. Driving me mad. There are now several quests I can't do because the game says I've already finished them, but I haven't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Just finished it there last night, have yet to play online, overall happy with it. I'd give it 6.5/10

Funniest part was hitting a zombie with a baseball bat through a door, his torso flying through the door and his arm and legs left in a pile outside the door.

Some problems I had on the PS3 I experienced.
    Game freezing for about 3 seconds intermittently, very annoying.
    Game lagging (not online)
    Slow loading textures.
    My truck getting stuck in the ground/tree branch/invisible wall or just floating in the air.

Other things that annoyed me.
    Why oh why did they not put a proper place to store weapons.
    Ah grand theres a NPC that will hold my weapons, oh but she disappears halfway through the game and dies in the end taking all your weapons with her, thanks :mad:
    I only found out about rage halfway through Act 2 from this thread. I don't think I skipped the instructions on it.
    One difficulty.
    I'll play through it once more but by the time its patched I'll have finished with it.
    Chopping off a zombies legs= instant dead for zombie. Cant make a crawler.
    When throwing you can only target their torso. Cant aim for the head.

I figured out a easy way to kill pretty much any zombie. Run at them, hit them and press back and jump quickly, kills thugs easily and works on butchers too. For rams just wait til they charge and press left or right and jump then hit their back.

Just finished the bit in the Jungle where you follow
    Ope to get samples from the mummies.
    1st time I raged in this game 19 hours in so far. The amount of times either I died or companion died, well annoying. Looking forward to getting to act 4!! Just gonna finish the side quests of act 3 first.

Just cleared it, thoroughly enjoyed this game! Loved the bit at the end ---
    Charon, i'm guessing, smiling saying the world isn't okay. He is carrying that tribal woman out who has the virus in her blood from being forced to eat the dead. Sequel could be set in any location in the world.
    I will really miss Banoi tho. Absolutely beautiful location with stunning graphics imo.

Interesting to see Ryder White's Campaign as 'not yet available' in the additional content. Hope thats a bit of free dlc but I will prob pay for it if there is a charge.

I played 25 hours and finished 125 quests. Did anyone do more sidequests? I only found 68 of 72 locations as well.

Class having a game+ starting again with all your items and levels. Pity you couldn't start with a different character tho.

Asmodean wrote: »

Erm, you panicked?

I thought "HAHA you are ****ing DEAD and let loose with my Auto Shock Rifle only for it to click empty after the first shot.

In my fumbling to switch weapons I dropped a deodorant grenade past him and ended up running away from him ONTO the grenade.

The other guy in the game must have thought I was a retard.

In my defense I was trying to charge tackle him. I just didnt consider the high explosive that was sitting on the ground on the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Picked this up yesterday, loving it so far. Just rescued the Russian Helicopter dude and gotta head into town now. Unreal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Every time I make deodorant bombs they just disappear I've never got to use one yet.

Advertisement