Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

They kill pretty much anything. Including your party members and any NPCs you may be protecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

ScumLord wrote: »
    Every time I make deodorant bombs they just disappear I've never got to use one yet.

more than likely your inventory is full and when you create it its just dropping on the floor in front of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

more than likely your inventory is full and when you create it its just dropping on the floor in front of you
    Ah, makes sense I guess, I don't suppose they'll be a pile of deo bombs at the workbench when I go back to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

ScumLord wrote: »
    Ah, makes sense I guess, I don't suppose they'll be a pile of deo bombs at the workbench when I go back to the game?

Nope, they de-spawn im afraid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Where's the cheapest place to buy this for PC?

Digital or physical stores. Dont mind. I just dont want to have to use a VPN to purchase the game. I'm seeing €35 on G2Play.net (western EU version non VPN needed)
    Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its on play.com for €37.49 and I paid €39.99 for it in a Gamestop today so given the price difference is so marginal I'd just go to a physical store and pick it up unless you're happy to wait a week for the sake of €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Just finished it there and the ending is a load of ****.
    You just walk out into an open area and start getting shot at, no setup, no indication of whats going on. The final boss is sitting in plain view but for some reason you can't shoot him, you're just left to stumble around the arena untill the game decides you can move on.

Then when he turns he's no fun at all to fight, just ended up throwing everything I had at him till I died. Respawn and you just start all over again. Not impressed at all and left a bad taste in my mouth from what had been an enjoyable game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So worth buying? Torn between picking this up for the 360 or Gears of War 3.

So worth buying? Torn between picking this up for the 360 or Gears of War 3.

Between this and GoW3 I would definitely go for GoW3 without a second thought! As much fun as Dead Island was, GoW3 was superb I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Finally received this yesterday and played it for a couple of hours, so much fun to play and haven’t found any glitches so far. That’s my weekend sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I only got to see the intro for the first time last night after I plugged out the second monitor.

Anyone else getting a lot of crackling sound from this? Seems to only be effecting my headset (logitech g90) and not the speaker bar on my monitor but its still a bit of a pain. Also seems to crash on exit when I'm using the headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Only crappy feature I seen so far was blood splashing all over the non existant windscreens on the trucks! think they fixed it though because hasnt happened in awhile.

I also got stuck in a bathtub last night for a little while, spammed the crap out of my controller to get out and did eventually.

Nothing too disasterous I suppose from all that Iv heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Does anyone else get that really annoying loud noise when it loads into a game? Sort of like a big 'whump' noise. Pain in the ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

JohnK wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a lot of crackling sound from this? Seems to only be effecting my headset (logitech g90) and not the speaker bar on my monitor but its still a bit of a pain. Also seems to crash on exit when I'm using the headset.

About halfway through act 2 it started crackling. Lasted for a couple of missions then was fine for the rest of the game. Playing on the PS3.

On mine it starts straight after the intro video so from the menu and on into the game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Update from devs

PS3 Update: The patch for PS3 is available for European gamers.
    The patch will fix the save game features and increase the functionality of the co-op game.
    We well let you know as soon as the patch for the US is approved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Update from devs

When will they fix the "There and back again" achievement on xbox , still stuck at 71/72 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Too fix any audio problems you are having change the file Audio.scr in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead Island\DI\out\Settings

Change the line

API("XAudio2") to API("aDS3D") or API("aOpenAL")

I tried aOpenAL first but didnt work but did work for my friend, when i tried aDS3D it sorted it out, sometimes it will still break in menu but restart and its fine

• Advertisement

thanks, I'll give that a go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

anyone find the difficulty level sky rocket after getting into the city? I keep getting my ass handed to Me ><

Kersmash wrote: »
    anyone find the difficulty level sky rocket after getting into the city? I keep getting my ass handed to Me ><

The resort was just a tutorial :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    It completely and utterly breaks immersion to be told that you can't swing a simple pipe because the excel sheet in the game says you can't. Its a fricken pipe, limit its power if you want to, but to say you're incapable just makes you feel pathetic.

it would make more sense if the higher level weapons just sapped your stamina making them unusable.

Good game so far all in all, it's definitely good fun to beat the zombies heads off.. the driving is a lot of fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Got this out of the blue today, my girlfriend surprised me with it. Best gf ever ;)

EDIT: found this review to be funny

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4694-Dead-Island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

tonydude wrote: »
    Got this out of the blue today, my girlfriend surprised me with it. Best gf ever ;)

Could you pass on the message from me: i have a larger penis. Thank you. ;) :pac:

Anyway, I reckon i'm nearly finished it. I'm
    just about to get the guns for the leader of the gangs in the prison, in the basement
    and i have to say that the area changes come at exactly the right times for me. Just as i'm getting sick of an area it moves on. However, i think they could have done a bit more in there, but i was still very happy with it. I just don't want it to end. Seriously strong contender for GOTY.

Have noticed something though. I got the trophy for attaining all collectibles, but i'm missing a good few Hearld Extracts, ID tags and recordings... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Hi guys, could I ask for everyone's help here

I had to sell my XBox360, only have my PC left for playing games, and want to get Dead Island but if I'm going to spend the money I want to make sure I can play it.

Ok, so I have the following -

http://support.uiwtx.edu/Computer/Latitude_E6410_Spec_Sheet.htm

And want to play the game. I'm fairly sure I could play it, might be a little slow or poor, but the game will be playable. As an indication I've had the Fifa 12 demo running today on the same computer with no problems whatsoever, so could that be a good indication that this will work?

Please help, just don't want to waste the money. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I had to sell my XBox360, only have my PC left for playing games, and want to get Dead Island but if I'm going to spend the money I want to make sure I can play it.

And want to play the game. I'm fairly sure I could play it, might be a little slow or poor, but the game will be playable. As an indication I've had the Fifa 12 demo running today on the same computer with no problems whatsoever, so could that be a good indication that this will work?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Kersmash wrote: »

Thanks for the link, sadly I tried this, and it told me I was not able to run the game due to my graphics card. However, I also put in the details of another game I currently have running on my computer into that website and it told me exactly the same thing...so I'm confused, I mean, just because I don't have what their site says means I apparently am still able to run the game in certain circumstances...

• Advertisement

With that card man not a hope will you be able to play

Advertisement