Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not sure if this is allowed but I have it up on adverts. I am looking to swap Gears of War 3 for Dead Island, PM if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man havn't heard that GTA song in ages, what a classic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So, finished it last night, and aside from a bit of a pants ending, it is still a definite contender for GOTY. (Anyone have a list of all games that have come out this year so far? Played so many i can't remember what i did play!)

As for the ending,
    it was a bit sudden, a bit unexplained, and a bit crap
    , and maybe it was a rush job, however it does set it up for a sequel, hoefully in another exotic location.

Aside from the lag issues (offline) and a couple of warp moments in the
    prison
    where i died on the way to a checkpoint and resumed at the checkpoint, it's a great game. Not going to play online, i think it will suit better as a single player. Might go on just to get the trophies.

As i've now finished the game, it gives me the option to continue with me level and items, but can i take it i can't start as a different character?

Also, and i'm impressed by this, i've just over 40 hours put in. Well surprised by that. I was thinking 20-25, but when i checked the stats and saw 40 i was well happy! Great value for money. And hopefully they'll fix the "There and back again" bug, unless the Arena is the 72nd location, in which case WHEN CAN I ACCESS IT!!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

As much as I like the game I do not see it competing for GOTY when you have releases like Skyrim, MW3, BF3 & GoW3....I havnt played any of these yet but their name alone puts them in contention because of the general gaming public.

Right, i'll continue on until i get to Level 50 and then speed run the first act with the other characters.

I do think it will be knocked off the top spot as contender for GOTY, more than likely by BF3, MW3, Batman:AC and Skyrim (Assassins Creed probably won't get GOTY because it's not a 3!), but it's the strongest contender so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

(Anyone have a list of all games that have come out this year so far? Played so many i can't remember what i did play!)

Alice: Madness Returns
    BRINK
    Bulletstorm
    Crysis 2
    Dead Island
    Dead Space 2
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Dragon Age 2
    Duke Nukem Forever
    F.E.A.R 3
    Gears of War 3
    Homefront
    Hunted: The Demon’s Forge
    inFAMOUS 2
    Killzone 3
    L.A Noire
    Little Big Planet 2
    Mortal Kombat
    Marvel VS Capcom 3: Fate of two worlds
    Portal 2
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Resistance 3
    Shadows of the Damned
    Two Worlds II
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Cheers Notorioux!

Alice: Madness Returns
    Bulletstorm
    Dead Island
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    inFAMOUS 2
    Portal 2

Right, it's between these so far. And i'm leaning towards Dead Island. But, alas, there are about 5 more hopefully excellent games coming.

I have played more on that list, but i must have played a good few last year games too... Singularity stands out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Has the saving glitch been fixed ?

Sold out everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

RasTa wrote: »
    Sold out everywhere
    I picked it up from Gamestop on saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm at the end of Act 3 and I only have 56/72 locations, need 57. I cannot work out where it is. All maps, all explored as much as possible, no green left on explorable areas. I wish there was a way to work out where you haven't visited, just going to have to give up now because I've spent hours already trying to work it out.

I'm at the end of Act 3 and I only have 56/72 locations, need 57. I cannot work out where it is. All maps, all explored as much as possible, no green left on explorable areas. I wish there was a way to work out where you haven't visited, just going to have to give up now because I've spent hours already trying to work it out.

I had 56 going into act iv and finished the game with 71/72, and like everyone else with the game am stuck at that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Bonesy. wrote: »
    I picked it up from Gamestop on saturday?

I got one from Gamestop too but on Thursday and I know there were a few (well, 3) Gamestops in Cork which had stock that day so RasTa there should be a few floating around alright, you might just need to ring a few places.

I've just tried all the shops in Liffey Valley, Blanch center and two xtra-visions. Annoying as gamestop had the boxes out for some stupid reason. Should find one in town tomorrow.

PS3 in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Got it today for PC. Graphics are excellent! The gameplay is difficult at times and ive spent too long looking around for random buildings :/ Great game tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

People are still naive enough to buy from gamestop? -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

:confused::confused:

I had 56 going into act iv and finished the game with 71/72, and like everyone else with the game am stuck at that...

I actually got the 57th at the very end of Act III by going back somewhere as part of the ending quest that was actually not greened out on the map. Got 72/72 anyway, and the achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Whats wrong with buying from Gamestop? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gonna trade it in this week. Not sure why, but i just didnt like it. Which is weird, cause i usually love zombie stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just read that they're planning a movie on this. You'd have to wonder why? Unless of course it's another Uwe Boll classic that deviates so much from the game that it has neither zombies nor an island.

I'm still slogging through the game (I only get to play an hour or two every now and again, so progress is slow). Just got to the lab. The jungle looks fantastic and is pretty terrifing at times. Even though there were more zombies in the city, you could still pretty much run past them all. But in the jungle, you can't always see where they are, so they keep popping out from seemingly nowhere.

I am starting to get really sick of missions sending you back somewhere you've already been, though. You're sent off to an incredibly dangerous place by some guy, you come back and then the guy beside him asks if you'd go back and pick up a can of beans for him. Why couldn't you ask me before I went the first time? There's f*cking zombies out there! And how do you people repay me? You charge me $10,000 for a f*cking shovel, you tight b*stards!!!

And why can't they close doors after you? They harp on about barricading themselves in, then don't bother trying to keep the zombies out. Obviously public sector workers! :D

The movie talk has nothing to do with the game itself, I think, and more the first trailer they released.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

I got a lend of this game yesterday and it says on the back of the case that its a 2-4 player co-op without x box live.....i have tried over and over again too do it but nothings happening it just keeps coming up as a single player.....if any1 can help me get the multiplayer it would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I got a lend of this game yesterday and it says on the back of the case that its a 2-4 player co-op without x box live.....i have tried over and over again too do it but nothings happening it just keeps coming up as a single player.....if any1 can help me get the multiplayer it would be greatly appreciated

Think that's over system link

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

so it cant be done normally then

Anyone get The Arena DLC? I got it free with the preorder, but I am really enjoying it enough to consider it a worthwhile purchase for the 800MSP. Basically there are 4 arenas within a new area on the Island, ranging from easy to hard, in which you fight increasingly difficult waves of zombies for as long as you can, with killed zombies dropping substantial amounts of cash/med kits/ammo/weapons, and each area having a work bench. Great way to level up, I went from level 39 from when I had finished the game, to level 49 in a few hours of gameplay. The arenas are graded on how they're laid out rather than the zombies within, the 'Easy' arena being bright, simplistic and easily traversed, whereas the harder ones are bigger, with obstacles and hindrances varying from more intricate map design to darkness, or long grass in which identifying zombies becomes incredibly panic stricken. Overall, great DLC, though it's not storyline driven - at all - so don't expect anything other than more mindless zombie bashing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just wanna say.... banned in Germany now. Yoooooooo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Enderman wrote: »
    Just wanna say.... banned in Germany now. Yoooooooo!!

LOL?

took them awile... thought i have to ask...... why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Got it on Steam sales for fifteen ish quid. Thoroughly enjoyable, even solo, though I'm trying to get my mates to get into it. Only about 4/5 hours in, but still. Not sick of the Walkers/Thugs/Infected combos yet, but getting there. There's a great sense of atmosphere about the game, though I wish I picked a male character. The Chinese one just seems a bit flimsy, as if those thug shots should be just hammering her. I love the sense of weight attached to the weapons though, if only Skyrim's weapons had that momentum, it'd be (even more) deadly...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dam wish I Money left to get this :-(

Advertisement