Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Dam wish I Money left to get this :-(
    It's only €15 on greenmangaming. Nollag posted it in bargain alerts. Couldnt refuse it at that price myself.
    http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/games/action/dead-island/

Registers with Steam too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dead Island GOTY version will be released in July. One of my favourite games of last year but don't think it needed a GOTY version as it only adds bloodbath arena, ripper weapon and jack ryder dlc. Anyone play the Ryder DLC? worth it?
    Dead Island Game of the Year edition is coming!
    This new edition gives players who are yet to experience the mega hit Dead Island a version packed with content: including the “Bloodbath Arena” mode, the “Ryder White” story line and the weapon blueprint for “The Ripper”. This complete Dead Island package includes all the gripping extra content that was previously only available digitally and will be released on June 26, 2012 in the USA and Canada and on July 06, 2012 in European countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Old McGroin

Really liked this game when it first came out but there were so many bugs I put it to one side hoping that in a couple of months it would be playable. In March I got fed up with Skyrim when yet again I came across a bug that wouldn't allow me to finish a mission I had just spent 45 mins on so I threw on Dead Island. Gathered 3 co-op randomers and tackeled the Hotel interior mission; we finally reached the final objective (drive the humvee back to base) but the game would not allow any of us to get in to the driver seat! 5 months after I had last played it and the developers still hadn't even ironed out early mission bugs! Why the hell can't developers release finished games anymore, wrecks my head. I've stopped buying games first day because of this trend.

Dead Island's a good game but I'm completely turned off it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I gave up on it after being forced to listen to that poxy rap theme a dozen times.

Who do you voodoo indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Anybody recommend the Game of the Year (really?) version of this game for the low low price of £14.97?

The premise of this interests me a lot, but I've heard mixed reports. Are the defects ironed out now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I would definitely recommend this! It's in my top 3 games from last year. I played on PS3 and encountered very little bugs so maybe I was just lucky. The GOTY edition is a bit weak though. A bloodbath arena for hordes of zombies and 1 other DLC where you play another character but it's spose to be very linear.

Anybody recommend the Game of the Year (really?) version of this game for the low low price of £14.97?

The premise of this interests me a lot, but I've heard mixed reports. Are the defects ironed out now?

A lot of the defects, for me, stemmed from the voice acting and the gameplay, so unsure of how much of that they could iron out, but for £14.97, then I wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

For all it's bugs, me and my mates had great fun playing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone get this in the sales and fancy some co-op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Nolars wrote: »
    Anyone get this in the sales and fancy some co-op.

I will, but not today. Work today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Havent noticed any bugs yet 2 level 10 characters.

Annoying that the Zombies level up as now it takes a near full stamina bar to kill one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Havent noticed any bugs yet 2 level 10 characters.

Annoying that the Zombies level up as now it takes a near full stamina bar to kill one.

Not really upgrade your weapons and ya shd be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Myself and a few other boardsies recently got the GOTY version of this but it's been an absolute pain the majority of the time.

The game is constantly freezing on us. We played a good 1 -2 hours last night where it didn't freeze but in general the PS3 just freezes completely after a few mins of being online.

Does anyone have any tips as I can't see it being patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

tok9 wrote: »
    Myself and a few other boardsies recently got the GOTY version of this but it's been an absolute pain the majority of the time.

The game is constantly freezing on us. We played a good 1 -2 hours last night where it didn't freeze but in general the PS3 just freezes completely after a few mins of being online.

Does anyone have any tips as I can't see it being patched.

yeah, its been pretty much like that from the beginning, never got properly fixed. Iv had basically the same experience as you seem to of had.
    longest co-op gameplay i got in was roughly 2 hours, ALL other times lucky to get a half hour before a console freeze

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What tok9 said.

When it works, it's been fun. We've had a good few laughs. But it's been few and far between all the frustration which is a damn shame.

Advertisement