Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Helix wrote: »
    wait til theres a few non exclusive reviews out

Im still expecting this game to be below adverge, hope i am wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

wait til theres a few non exclusive reviews out

You probably saved me 50 euro. Out of ten? Review in one sentence perhaps? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Grimebox wrote: »
    You probably saved me 50 euro. Out of ten? Review in one sentence perhaps? :D

sure

wait til monday.

:p

sure

wait til monday.

:p

I guess what I asked is similar to asking a taxi driver for a free ride! Who do you write for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 xShanee

Does anyone know if you you pre-order in Game do you get the dlc with it? because on the website it says only gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Still keeping on open mind for this, but I'll not be getting it on day one now.

I'll be following here and else where for real user feedback I think.

click magazine in canada and ireland, and clickonline.com wherever there may be internets

also in the new a-men thing in the star and in the evening herald aer an occasional wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

It is out here next Friday the 9th of Sept. I really do hope its good about time we had a good Zombie game

Ever hear of left 4 dead before? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

This game looks a like a really poorly conceived mish-mash of half baked ideas and elements cribbed from other big name titles. Looking at the gameplay footage there are bits of Borderlands, Elder Scrolls, Far Cry and Dead Rising all awkwardly lumped together. It's all very 'me too'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya Click do some great reviews so will definitely wait a while for this and see how it goes. Plenty of other games to keep me going anyway a while.

• Advertisement

IGN gave this 8/10

Fallout with Zombies. Gonna read the full thing now

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1192319p1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    IGN gave this 8/10

Fallout with Zombies. Gonna read the full thing now

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1192319p1.html

and co-op

I'm going to buy it regardless of reviews. Love Zombies!

havent got a full review ready yet, but ive been playing this all day and im only happy to throw my hands up and say i was wrong. clunky as hell at the start but once you get going its a belter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

havent got a full review ready yet, but ive been playing this all day and im only happy to throw my hands up and say i was wrong. clunky as hell at the start but once you get going its a belter

awesome :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Enough for me. I'll get it so after work on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My first impressions are leaning more towards Fallout than Left 4 Dead.

I still prefer the Dead Rising/Traditional slow-but-f**kloads-of-them zombie than the Olympic Sprinter version though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Oh thank god for that you had me worried all weekend:D, its sitting at home now waiting for me to start if i can drag myself off Tropico. Only thing that slightly worries me now is that they are the Infected rather than Zombies, i really wish people would stop getting them mixed up. (infected are not dead they are just driven mad by a virus that is spread through blood and saliva, they are fast and brutal ala Left 4 Dead and 28days later, Zombies are reanimated dead corpses running off a very base instinct to feed...plus they love brains). Still not a deal breaker if the game itself is good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Eurogamer only gave it 6/10.

Seems like it's fun but bugged to buggery...
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the experience though. Dead Island is a deeply flawed game, but it's also clearly a low-budget game and one that has interesting ideas, often under-served by the bargain-basement code. Finding the diamonds in the rough demands a lot of patience, and enough investment in the base joys of zombie slaughter to tolerate the laundry list of flaws.

Can a mod merge the 2 Dead Island threads please?

I suppose the reviews should come flooding in today, will be keeping my eye on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

The Destructoid review is interesting. Negative most of the way through yet finishes up by saying it's still a game with some merit. Not totally unplayable or anything. I'm actually appalled at how poorly written the IGN one is. Haven't been to their site in ages but I don't remember their writing style being so bad.

Only thing that slightly worries me now is that they are the Infected rather than Zombies, i really wish people would stop getting them mixed up. (infected are not dead they are just driven mad by a virus that is spread through blood and saliva, they are fast and brutal ala Left 4 Dead and 28days later, Zombies are reanimated dead corpses running off a very base instinct to feed...plus they love brains).

Both are fictional so they are whatever I say they are :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Grimebox wrote: »
    Both are fictional so they are whatever I say they are :p

Fictional? That's the sort of attitude that will get you killed come the Zombie Wars :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

where the hell are the PC reviews

Just reading The Living Dead - a collection of Zombie short stories and it's rightly putting me in the mood for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dead Island threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

If I buy this it will be after a month or so when patches are out and the price falls considerably.
    Said it before, but its worth repeating :D that all zombie games should be at night, not in daylight hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Kiith wrote: »
    Fictional? That's the sort of attitude that will get you killed come the Zombie Wars :pac:
    omerin wrote: »
    If I buy this it will be after a month or so when patches are out and the price falls considerably.
    Said it before, but its worth repeating :D that all zombie games should be at night, not in daylight hours.

This just as equally applies here. :D

Advertisement