Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec Lanboy Air pc case - your thoughts

Options
  • 16-02-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I have been oogling at this case recently and I am very impressed. Its fully modular and can suit the need of any configuration possible. Its one of the few cases that can do this afaik.

See here:

Antec-Lanboy-Air.jpg

Antecs overview

NewEgg Overview

So, who has one? Do you want one?... I think I do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Oh that looks like a nice case.
    I've been thinking about building a new system and that looks like a good case to use.
    I was also looking at the silverstone ft03 but that is a completely different type of case.
    I would be very interested to hear if anyone here has used the lanboy air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

it looks awful and gimmicky to me

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

If you take it to a LAN party I hope its not pissing rain getting out of the car or a can cold beverage gets knocked over! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

yeah its not all that waterproof! But most pcs arent supposed to be :p It can take up to 15 fans, which tbh isnt a great selling point. If you had 15 fans on you would have basically built yourself a loud hoover. But some strategically placed fans would handle the cooling nicely.

Id have a fan blowing air over/through the hard drives, and another sucking the air out the other side. This would reduce hot air ending up inside the case, heating other components.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

tbh i think its ugly as hell and i read a review on it by custompc magazine saying thanks to all the mesh grilling and opened slots the airflow is completely terrible il link ya's to that review later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

noisy will be a serious understatement. how much airflow do you actually need?

id prefer a thermaltake level 10 if you want something shiny and showy. they just released the new level 10 GT version.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

I would prefer the lanboy, the level 10 looks horrible, what a blocky mess of a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

For me, its a +1 for the Lanboy Air but havent had any 'hands on' experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Sure if you like the case buy it and don't let anyone else change your decision. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Oh good jaysus that looks horrendous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Air flow in that case would be awful due to all that mesh panelling not to mention the amount of dust it going to attract would make living with it a right pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

1. Case looks like a toolbox :p
    2. €175 for this case on Dabs
    3. Dust magnet

Theres plenty of flashy cases that u can get for 175e.

Advertisement