Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email via phone only...best option

Options
  • 16-02-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have an old 'smartphone' (ie. it no longer qualifies for that title these days) - a Nokia N70. In any event, it does all that I want it to do...or at least it did until now. I need to access email on the go.
    Don't need to surf the net - but just access email occasionally. That brings me to a couple of questions.

1. What mobile co. is the best to use for this purpose (ie. the cheapest rate/stable connection) - bearing in mind i'm currently on payg with vodafone.
    2. I guess there's no way the N70 is suitable for this purpose? Maybe to view - but not to reply - can this work with another keyboard?
    3. I've read that it's possible to have a smartphone display on a pc screen. I don't suppose its possible to do this without having to install an application on the pc (as I can't!!)?
    4. Would it be possible to run said connection through a proxy (I use a paid for- proxy at home).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement