Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest price for petrol Waterford City?

Options
  • 16-02-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hey all, where's the cheapest place to buy petrol in Waterford city? Am down for the week on a course and most places seem to be 1.44 etc. Names of roads that the station is on would also be useful as I can stick it in the Sat Nav. Thanks in advance if you could help- every penny counts these days, specially when I have to make a return trip to mayo on Fri!`

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jo_bombshell

Great website to find the cheapest petrol/diesel anywhere in ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

detoxkid wrote: »
    Hey all, where's the cheapest place to buy petrol in Waterford city? Am down for the week on a course and most places seem to be 1.44 etc. Names of roads that the station is on would also be useful as I can stick it in the Sat Nav. Thanks in advance if you could help- every penny counts these days, specially when I have to make a return trip to mayo on Fri!`

Try the Park service station by the, er, park or the service station (can't remember the name) on the Cork Rd on the other side of the road just past WIT on the way out of town.

That's where we go anyways.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Try the Park service station by the, er, park or the service station (can't remember the name) on the Cork Rd on the other side of the road just past WIT on the way out of town.

That's where we go anyways.

SSE

Tommy Farrell's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

autoport or amber on brownes road

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

The Top garage in Ferrybank is the cheapest around the last few days at 140.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Funfair wrote: »
    Tommy Farrell's ?

That's it I think. Might be known as the Autoport too.

We're trying to support the local guys who are keeping prices down rather than going to Tesco etc. I know there's very little profit on fuel but I'm sure they'll be glad of the business.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Great website to find the cheapest petrol/diesel anywhere in ireland :D

Did try that before posting here, but it seems quite out of date?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

finding im getting better milage off the topas petrol out of the station by the dole offices lately,,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was all over the east of Ireland and still didnt see anywhere cheaper then the top in ferrybank, also the texaco usually matches it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

on on the dunmore road is pretty cheap , on the turn off for jack meades

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

hmm have reservations about that place. I'm sure more people will

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

emo!! wrote: »

It was 143.9 on Monday, 1c cheaper than Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

deisemum wrote: »
    It was 143.9 on Monday, 1c cheaper than Tesco.

Tesco ballybeg 141.9 yesterday for petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

emo!! wrote: »
    thats a petrogas station otherwise known nationally as the applegreen franchise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

whats wrong with that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I was wondering if anyone had any updates on fuel prices in the city? I notice the price of diesel has jumped quite a bit in the last week or so.

I checked the pumps.ie website, but very poor coverage for Waterford. Dungarvan seems to have some of the cheapest fuel in the country!

145.8 for petrol and diesel in discount fuels Claeboy

Typhoon. wrote: »
    145.8 for petrol and diesel in discount fuels Claeboy

Hmm, they can definitely do better on diesel. Looks like they are using the diesel price to offset the petrol price slightly.

yeah I thought that myself

the esso depot next to morris's diy on the cork road do road diesel... think it was 142.9 the last time I seen it

hardybuck wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone had any updates on fuel prices in the city? I notice the price of diesel has jumped quite a bit in the last week or so.

I checked the pumps.ie website, but very poor coverage for Waterford. Dungarvan seems to have some of the cheapest fuel in the country!
    yeah and the fuel is pure muck!!!!! watch your engines people

• Advertisement

yeah and the fuel is pure muck!!!!! watch your engines people

Please elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Most of the petrol stations on the Cork road are expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Discount Fuels/Applegreen at Passage Cross is generally quite cheap, though im heartbroken that they have reverted back to closing at 11pm. now where will i get my rollies and cornettos at 3 in the morning without going into town :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I used some of the cheaper fuels for a while but the mileage I was getting was terrible. Switched back to topaz and straight away saw an improvement. It's worth the extra 2 or 3 cent a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Topaz might be higher then the rest by a few cent, but the car runs much better and cleaner + i seem to get more miles out of a tank aswell, there is even a small bit of more power aswell.

get cheap petrol your destroying your engine :rolleyes:

Heard Gulf on the Cork Road is doing diesel for 139.9 - can anyone confirm?

hardybuck wrote: »
    Please elaborate?
    filled up there twice before found it to be ****e petrol did,nt do the mileage that i,d usually get by filling up in topaz and there was feck all power in the car very sluggish

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Heard that diesel is now more expensive than petrol.
    Glad i bought a diesel car:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

I would be prepared for more of this as more people move to diesel for better mpg and cheaper road tax the government will address the excise duty shortfall by upping excise duty on diesel to offset your gain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

filled up there twice before found it to be ****e petrol did,nt do the mileage that i,d usually get by filling up in topaz and there was feck all power in the car very sluggish
    I'd have your engine checked as my one has no problem with it.

Advertisement