Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest price for petrol Waterford City?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

I used to always go for the cheapest diesel option but I had some problems with a few fills from one place in particular. Terrible fuel economy, engine struggling when you put the foot down. Since then I just use Texaco(by the Mercy) or Topaz. I'm getting an extra 150KM a tank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

zeppe wrote: »
    I used to always go for the cheapest diesel option but I had some problems with a few fills from one place in particular. Terrible fuel economy, engine struggling when you put the foot down. Since then I just use Texaco(by the Mercy) or Topaz. I'm getting an extra 150KM a tank

What are you driving Zeppe? What sort of MPG does your engine offer you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

marlin vs wrote: »
    I'd have your engine checked as my one has no problem with it.
    nothing wrong with the engine marlin at least there was,nt before the car was nicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Topaz or Texaco seem to give me more then anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

was reading this thread over the last few days and decided to give topaz a try-havn't done any milage yet but while filling up i noticed a sign on the pumps saying topaz 'gives up 24 km extra per fill'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

What's that garage on the cleaboy road called...don't think it's the amber garage, think thats on the paddy brown's road, unless its a sister:D

Their oil tanker always has a big Apple on it.....I often fill up here with petrol... am I gettin a fair puck for me bucks:)

danjo-xx wrote: »
    What's that garage on the cleaboy road called...don't think it's the amber garage, think thats on the paddy brown's road, unless its a sister:D

Their oil tanker always has a big Apple on it.....I often fill up here with petrol... am I gettin a fair puck for me bucks:)
    that would be discount fuel deals there part of the petrogas group who own the applegreen franchises

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Are they sound out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

hardybuck wrote: »
    What are you driving Zeppe? What sort of MPG does your engine offer you?

Hi, I'm driving an old 96 Corolla 2L diesel. I havent really worked out the MPG but I'm getting 800KM for a fill of €60(ish) from Texaco. 330'00KM, going great and still on the original clutch, legend of a car:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

The Top garage in Ferrybank is the cheapest around the last few days at 140.9

Probably some of the most friendliest staff I've ever come across aswell.......

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Are they sound out!!!

have never used there petrol but i sometimes stop in there applegreen station in ferns some morning when driving to arklow for work to get a can of redbull costs 2.45 dearest redbull i,ve ever bought, they mark up everything in there shops to gain on the what there "losing" on the price of petrol and diesel. me arse like!!they also have this deal where by if ya buy a car wash they,ll give ya 5 cent off every litre of petrol or diesel ya buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cscon

Hi, the cheapest Diesel is Euro Fuels, just outside Waterford on the way to Rosslare - I travel for work and am in the SE most weeks and they are the cheapest by far

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

cscon wrote: »
    Hi, the cheapest Diesel is Euro Fuels, just outside Waterford on the way to Rosslare - I travel for work and am in the SE most weeks and they are the cheapest by far

Not in recent weeks they haven't been. There is no petrol station that I have saw in or around Waterford that is cheaper "by far". There all about a cent or two different.

Tramore has always remained a good bit cheaper but its risen by about 4 cent to 156.9 in the past week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

+1 Tramore Tesco petrol cheapest so far

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Faq wrote: »

Funnily enough, the other two garages in Tramore have been cheaper than Tesco in recent weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Sully wrote: »
    Faq wrote: »

Funnily enough, the other two garages in Tramore have been cheaper than Tesco in recent weeks!

A cent cheaper today in both, I actually drove down for a look, they're 156.9, Tesco are 157.9. Still a two cent increase since last week tho :-(

How are those two garages in Tramore keeping their prices so low? My theory were firstly that it must be too good to be true and be dodgy - but the prices are at rock bottom for months now, and they both seem to be very busy. Surely if people weren't happy with the quality of fuel we'd have heard by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

I see the petrol at Topaz on the dunmore road is 169.9 :eek: F**k that!!!!

I went to maxol on cork road and got it for 164.9 (even though it was advertised at 166.9 the pump said otherwise ):D

Amzie wrote: »
    I see the petrol at Topaz on the dunmore road is 169.9 :eek: F**k that!!!!

I went to maxol on cork road and got it for 164.9 (even though it was advertised at 166.9 the pump said otherwise ):D

Well the two out in Tramore are among the cheapest in the country at the moment. 153.9 for diesel and 159.9 for petrol. Worth a spin out for a walk on the beach, and fill up on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Well the two out in Tramore are among the cheapest in the country at the moment. 153.9 for diesel and 159.9 for petrol. Worth a spin out for a walk on the beach, and fill up on the way home.

Ah yeah I know that but I didnt have enough petrol to get me out to tramore to fill up:p Defo worth the trip out all right!!

• Advertisement

How are those two garages in Tramore keeping their prices so low? My theory were firstly that it must be too good to be true and be dodgy - but the prices are at rock bottom for months now, and they both seem to be very busy. Surely if people weren't happy with the quality of fuel we'd have heard by now.

Regularly use it for short and long distances. Never had an issue. They have invested a lot in the premises now with a new building and new exterior. Also opening till midnight from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

going to tramore for quiet a while now for the motion lotion no complaints :),

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I personally think there's a cartel going on between Tesco and Topaz in the city regarding the pricing of petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

200motels wrote: »
    I personally think there's a cartel going on between Tesco and Topaz in the city regarding the pricing of petrol.

I have noticed Topaz being 4/5c cheaper in some other areas.

like for instants i travel to wicklow town with work there's only two petrol stations in wicklow town and topaz are selling petrol @€;170.9 per litre

Advertisement