Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese style sleeve work

Options
  • 16-02-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know if there are any particular artists around Dublin who may be experienced in Japanese style tattooing? I have a vague idea of the work I want done but I really need to sit down with someone who can look at my idea and add their own ideas and experience. The work is on my inside forearm and is separated in to 3 pieces so I want to make the separate tattoos in to one entire piece by adding between them. I guess what I want it to look like is part of a sleeve that will cover only my inside forearm up to above the elbow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

I just had a japanese half sleeve finished last week in newbridge,i'd highly recommend the guy that done it,he specializes in japanese work & knows alot about it,ask for sean in the razors edge in newbridge,it's only 25 mins from dublin by train,if your on facebook check out the shops profile & so of his work is on it,mine's the japanese hanna half sleve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

I just had a japanese half sleeve finished last week in newbridge,i'd highly recommend the guy that done it,he specializes in japanese work & knows alot about it,ask for sean in the razors edge in newbridge,it's only 25 mins from dublin by train,if your on facebook check out the shops profile & so of his work is on it,mine's the japanese hanna half sleve

Thanks, yeah they look really good from the pics. Do you mind me asking how much your entire work cost roughly? I would be looking to get work done on only a small enough portion of my arm as I am adding to an existing tattoo which is separated in to 3 parts and I want to make it all 1 piece. So the idea is to sort of blend it all together with Japanese like design. It would also not be the full way around my arm but mostly the inside. I would like to have it so that I could add to it in time and make it more a sleeve.

Thanks

cost me 1k,it was a cover up & took a few sessions.i've a few tattoo's & am into my japanese artwork so i got lucky with this guy as its his specialty,give him a ring or send him a message on facebook & he'll point you in the right direction,

Thanks, yeah I will definitely get in contact with him. I can't find any contact details though on the facebook page or pics from him. Just been looking at the myspace and old bebo page. Is your tattoo pic on either of these?

Great thanks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Chris Crooks in Belfast would appear to be a superb option for Japanese style. Been watching him his new stuff closely and he is really developing into an amazing artist.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WHITE-DRAGON-TATTOO/111222238891026

• Advertisement
Advertisement