Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Joe Jordan said to Gattuso

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

What Joe Jordan is accused of saying to Gennaro Gattuso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He was right anyways.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I heard he called him a hairy face after Gattuso called him four eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No surprise, Jordan has being at it for years, no harm to see someone having a go back

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

niallo27 wrote: »
    No surprise, Jordan has being at it for years, no harm to see someone having a go back

No harm? If by no harm you mean a fine and probable ban then ya no harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If it is true then they both deserve a ban and/or fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

If true Jordan should be banned from the champions league sidelines for the rest of the season. Would'nt be surprised tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Jordan would have battered him.

Here is an article about him. My favourite quote:
    Hard man: one recent poll, citing the 25 toughest players in the game's history, named 24 defenders and Joe Jordan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8329050/Joe-Jordan-has-always-been-more-bite-than-bark-unlike-AC-Milans-pantomime-villain-Gennaro-Gattuso.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

True or not, Guttuso deserves some sort of disciplinary action, he lost the head and went a bit too far on multiple incidents throughout the game. His agents probably trying to justify what Gennaro done, which is his job, but whatever Joe said shouldn't provoke anything back from a professional footballer.

Thread title is misleading by the way.

Mister men wrote: »
    If true Jordan should be banned from the champions league sidelines for the rest of the season. Would'nt be surprised tbh.
    Well they can't prove that Jordan said anything can they? It would all be he-said she-said bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nailz wrote: »
    Well they can't prove that Jordan said anything can they? It would all be he-said she-said bull****.

There were very clear shots of his face while he was face-to-face with Gattuso. It wouldn't be very difficult for a qualified lip-reader to decipher what was said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Fairly tame insult if true.
    For one like Rino, who has a strong sense of his Italian identity, I think this is the most disgusting and unjustifiable of insults

Seems like someone is looking to get the public onside and his client off the hook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Jordan played for Milan and thought he was still well regarded there.

I doubt he would have brought nationality into it but who knows, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

am i the only person that sees nothing wrong with what jordan said, if thats what he said......thats normal, heat of the moment stuff, ive no problem with it and theres nothing wrong with that IMO. doesnt need to be said of course, but i could think of a lot worse things that could be said and they are making a big deal out of it.

no excuse for gatusso, he acted like psycho all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

am i the only person that sees nothing wrong with what jordan said, if thats what he said......thats normal, heat of the moment stuff, ive no problem with it and theres nothing wrong with that IMO. doesnt need to be said of course, but i could think of a lot worse things that could be said and they are making a big deal out of it.

no excuse for gatusso, he acted like psycho all night.

If it was Drogba and Jordan called him a black bastard would that be ok too?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

Wasn't there a near bust up between Pires and Jordan a few weeks ago? Anyways whatever Jordan said, Gattuso should have not attacked him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wasn't there a near bust up between Pires and Jordan a few weeks ago? Anyways whatever Jordan said, Gattuso should have not attacked him.
    I'd always tolerate violence towards racism. I would not advocate it, or advise it, but I would definitely show tolerance in the face of such scummery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Xavi6 wrote: »

well see, that opens up the whats acceptable or not and what people will state as racism or not. take for instance, i can say gareth bale looks like a monkey,cos well, he does. nobody gets offended with that. however, if gareth bale was not welsh and not white, there would be huge issues with that. there lies the difference, it may not be fair, but thats the way the world tends to work.

would you get offended somebody calling you an ir*sh bastard? it wouldnt offend me one bit. ive been called worse and called people worse on a football pitch and there were no headbuts involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

What country are black from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

In terms of selling newspapers and the media making a big deal about things.....

racism > sexism > nationalism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I remember a thread on here a while ago where a lot of people defended/justified Zidanes actions in 2006 while I argued, as part of a very small minority, that what he did was completely unjustifiable. To see the same people vilifying Gattuso is absurd. I dunno if its some sort of anti-Italian bias but its just laughable to be honest. I have always liked Gattuso but I'll admit what he did was extremely stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I have no sympathy for Jordan who let's face it, **** it and hid behind Bassong (i think (who **** it himself) ). That said, Gatusso should not have taken the bait, and was himself out of order.

well see, that opens up the whats acceptable or not and what people will state as racism or not. take for instance, i can say gareth bale looks like a monkey,cos well, he does. nobody gets offended with that. however, if gareth bale was not welsh and not white, there would be huge issues with that. there lies the difference, it may not be fair, but thats the way the world tends to work.

would you get offended somebody calling you an ir*sh bastard? it wouldnt offend me one bit. ive been called worse and called people worse on a football pitch and there were no headbuts involved.

Yep and I have done during a game. No problem being called a prick or whatever else but I will take exception if Irish or Paddy is included before it.

I don't see how racism is bad but nationalism isn't. Two peas in a pod for me.
    What country are black from?

Ok so nationalism is tolerable? I see them all as forms of prejudice.

You can call someone a f*cking bastard without a word in the middle, unless you're a xenophobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Gattuso was as calm and cool all night. It was completely Joe Jordans comments at the end that turned him into a lunatic.

What are you talking about? If he took out a knife and stabbed a fan would that be ok too? It didn't happen!

You can call someone a f*cking bastard without a word in the middle, unless you're a xenophobe.

Course you can. But Joe Jordan would never be labelled as a progressive type.And in this instance I think his verbal should be taken as an observation rather than an insult. Gatusso IS a "f*cking Italian bastard".....just replace the word bastard with "Joey Barton".

There were very clear shots of his face while he was face-to-face with Gattuso. It wouldn't be very difficult for a qualified lip-reader to decipher what was said.
    How accurate are lip readers??? 90-95% I've read, something like that, not definitive evidence in my eyes, we have to know for a fact. I have my doubts he said something like that, just the the agent trying his arm at justifying the headbutt while trying to get the public on Guttuso's side, as m@cc@ said. Not that it should warrant any type of ban either, if he did say it.

Paparazzo wrote: »

What are you talking about? If he took out a knife and stabbed a fan would that be ok too? It didn't happen!

Clearly you can't see the correlation between my analogy and what happened so I won't waste my time explaining why it's relevant and yours is sh*t.
    Course you can. But Joe Jordan would never be labelled as a progressive type.And in this instance I think his verbal should be taken as an observation rather than an insult. Gatusso IS a "f*cking Italian bastard".....just replace the word bastard with "Joey Barton".

So next time Drogba dives it'll be ok to call him a black cheating bastard?

Yes or no will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

who cares???

Jordan is an assistant manager and Gattuso is past it.

Shame this issue is taking the attention from what was a great night for the spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I presume you're joking, comparing Gatusso and Barton is ridiculous. What he did last night was out of order and he's obviously at times a bit too wound up, but he's nowhere near being Joey Barton.

The man is a World Cup-winner and was an integral part of a Milan side that dominated Europe in in the last decade. He plays with an incredible passion that at times boils over, but he is not a scumbag with a history of assault like Joey Barton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Clearly you can't see the correlation between my analogy and what happened so I won't waste my time explaining why it's relevant and yours is sh*t.

Yes or no will do.

Do you think calling Rooney 'The White Pele' is racist? And if yes, to who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

He's quite clearly an Ivorian cheating bastard.

No because there are no negative connotations in the context it's used.

Look if I'm wrong I'm wrong, I won't lose any sleep, but I don't see the need for the extra adjective when insulting someone. Their nationality, colour or whatever else has zero to do with them being a f*cking prick so why bring it into it?

Yes or no will do.

A no will not do becuae you are attempting to lead the answer.To call Drogba a "black bastard",a "black cheating bastard" or a "cheating bastard" would all be ok as far as I am concerned....but you appear to have a hang up on race.I have no issue with you describing Drogba as a "black bastard"if that is your thing.It's just replacing a verb with an adjective.Same thing.Calling Drogba a "c*nt" however, is a universally appealing noun.

calling someone a f*cking italian bastard, IMO, implies that you think the fact that they're Italian is a bad thing. If I call a gay man a f*cking gay bastard, am I slagging them for being gay? calling someone a f*cking italian bastard implies that you're slagging them for being Italian, why else would you include the fact that they're Italian in your insult.

MR NINE wrote: »
    calling someone a f*cking italian bastard, IMO, implies that you think the fact that they're Italian is a bad thing. If I call a gay man a f*cking gay bastard, am I slagging them for being gay? calling someone a f*cking italian bastard implies that you're slagging them for being Italian, why else would you include the fact that they're Italian in your insult.

^^^^

Exactly what was I was trying to get at, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

How many players get abused week in, week out? How many act like Gattuso did?

Players shouldn't have to listen to abuse from anyone but they can't headbutt them for it just like I can't headbutt someone in the street if he shouts abuse at me.

If Joe Jordan gets a ban then imagine the future bans, where will it end?

Impulse and tolerance.

Probably neither of which are high on a footballers schooling.They are probably handling stickabricks about that time.

Yes it would. If he used some other word though like for instance some that begins with n then he would be very wrong.

I wondering were people defending that palace fan that cantona kicked as much as they are defending Jordan, situations aren't that unsimilar

I don't think it does.

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »
    How many players get abused week in, week out? How many act like Gattuso did?

Players shouldn't have to listen to abuse from anyone but they can't headbutt them for it just like I can't headbutt someone in the street if he shouts abuse at me.

If Joe Jordan gets a ban then imagine the future bans, where will it end?

Well if a member of staff comes on the field to argue with a player and provoke him then used he should be banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Well if a member of staff comes on the field to argue with a player and provoke him then used he should be banned

Actually your right. I wouldn't think there would be much point in a ban for whatever he said but the fact he came out of his area and on to the pitch in the first place would be enough to show he made every effort to provoke the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

No because there are no negative connotations in the context it's used.

Look if I'm wrong I'm wrong, I won't lose any sleep, but I don't see the need for the extra adjective when insulting someone. Their nationality, colour or whatever else has zero to do with them being a f*cking prick so why bring it into it?

I don't think it's racist either, but calling Pele 'The Black Rooney' probably would be seen as racist.

Just tagging on a race or a nationality to an insult shouldn't necessarily make the insult racist, even if that was the intent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yes it would. If he used some other word though like for instance some that begins with n then he would be very wrong.

You think it's perfectly acceptable to call Drogba a cheating black bastard if he dives?

Are you on drugs?

I disagree, he shouldn't. But they were both arguing with each other, Guttuso might've even have said something to Jordan as well, except Jordan had the respectability to not say anything, hypothetically speaking of course.

Nailz wrote: »
    I disagree, he shouldn't. But they were both arguing with each other, Guttuso might've even have said something to Jordan as well, except Jordan had the respectability to not say anything, hypothetically speaking of course.

Jordan knew guttuso was wound up, and he had a go at him, why would guttuso pick out Jordan, he is a nobody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I have no sympathy for Jordan who let's face it, **** it and hid behind Bassong (i think (who **** it himself) ). That said, Gatusso should not have taken the bait, and was himself out of order.

What did you want Jordan to do, chin him?

I wondering were people defending that palace fan that cantona kicked as much as they are defending Jordan, situations aren't that unsimilar

They are very unsimilar. Cantona fly-kicked a guy. Gattuso nudged his head into another guys face. The type of head butt Gattuso is guilty of is one I have seen many times before on a football pitch. I've seen people throw similar "headbutts" and the recipient has gone to ground clutching his face and pundits/players/boardsies alike have lambasted the recipient for making a big deal of nothing.

For the record, I don't condone what Gattuso did, but you are plainly and simply wrong to say his offence and Cantonas offence are similar.

EDIT - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpEoCvW2Wo is this similar to what Cantona did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Rooney would not lace Pele's boots, there is only a fuss about him because he plays in a Red shirt.

They are very unsimilar. Cantona fly-kicked a guy. Gattuso nudged his head into another guys face. The type of head butt Gattuso is guilty of is one I have seen many times before on a football pitch. I've seen people throw similar "headbutts" and the recipient has gone to ground clutching his face and pundits/players/boardsies alike have lambasted the recipient for making a big deal of nothing.

For the record, I don't condone what Gattuso did, but you are plainly and simply wrong to say his offence and Cantonas offence are similar.

EDIT - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpEoCvW2Wo is this similar to what Cantona did?

My point more was did people feel as sorry for that palace fan as they did Jordan

• Advertisement
Advertisement