Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Joe Jordan said to Gattuso

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

niallo27 wrote: »
    I wondering were people defending that palace fan that cantona kicked as much as they are defending Jordan, situations aren't that unsimilar

Cantona had just been sent off, Gattuso was supposed to be playing in a football match. Thats what he has based his game on, winding people up. He met his match with Joe and lost it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

My point more was did people feel as sorry for that palace fan as they did Jordan

Yeh I see that now. Apologies, don't know what I thought you were trying to say. Still though, very unsimilar offences. I'm gona go to bed before I wrongfully attack more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Rooney would not lace Pele's boots, there is only a fuss about him because he plays in a Red shirt.

:rolleyes:
    Well at least you didn't completely miss the point anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You think it's perfectly acceptable to call Drogba a cheating black bastard if he dives?

Are you on drugs?
    No I'm not. If you think its perfectly fine to call Drogba a cheating bastard in that situation then its perfectly fine to say that Drobga is a cheating black bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

:rolleyes:
    Well at least you didn't completely miss the point anyway.

Rooney is irrelevant, the white Pele tag was the most ridiculous comparison ever Rooney went to two world cups and done nothing to prove his hype. Where as Pele has three winners medals, as I said the white Pele tag does not quite stack up and should be taken with a bucket of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

What did you want Jordan to do, chin him?

Stay off the pitch and stop jawing, preferably.

eagle eye wrote: »
    No I'm not. If you think its perfectly fine to call Drogba a cheating bastard in that situation then its perfectly fine to say that Drobga is a cheating black bastard.

Not the first time i've seen you condone racism on here. You're a disgrace. Seriously.

Rooney is irrelevant, the white Pele tag was the most ridiculous comparison ever Rooney went to two world cups and done nothing to prove his hype. Where as Pele has three winners medals, as I said the white Pele tag does not quite stack up and should be taken with a bucket of salt

:confused:
    I don't see what Bendtner has to do with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Not the first time i've seen you condone racism on here. You're a disgrace. Seriously.
    Its not racism. Unless you live in cloud cuckoo land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif

It's not necessarily racist though. Unless you think saying 'Drogba is black' is racist.

In this case it seems they're playing up the racism card as a justification for Gattuso's actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

End of the day in Uefa terms the only evidence they have is of Gattuso attacking Jordan and no audio evidence of what either said to each other.Jordan punishement for stepping on the pitch?How many times do managers do this and just get asked to step back.Jordan did nothing disimilar to what Crouch did.Wound Gattuso up knowing full well he would react.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

First of all, the amount of people vilifying Gattauso in here, especially people who would suck Roy Keane's knob in public if they got the chance, is laughable.

Comparing him to Joey Barton and calling him a scumbag?

Get a ****ing grip.

Saying he's a "nobody" or a "dirty player" or whatever else.

Gattauso has NEVER broken a leg, never tried to hurt anyone or break a leg.
    He has never gone in two footed or over the ball, he has never spat or bitten.

He's got in peoples faces, he slapped Ibrahimovic, he nudged a mouthy old **** in the nose, he didn't stub a cigar out in someones face or break their leg or try to hurt anyone.

Joe Jordan is a mouthy old knob with priors.

Gattauso is a World cup winner, a two time Champions League winner.
    Vice captain at one of the two most successful clubs in world football, has played with some of the best players of all time, has captained his country, has been praised by EVERY SINGLE manager he has played under, was picked for the world cup team of the tournament in 2006, was picked in the world cup 2006 top 10 players.
    He's been one of the most influential players in a squad that dominated Europe for a decade.

To compare him to people like Barton is laughable.

****, to compare him to people like Keane would be embarrassing, Gattauso never went onto the pitch to end someones career.

What he did tuesday night was stupid and he should have known better.
    But he didn't kill anyone.
    People calling it a headbut need to pull their heads out of their arses.

The moderation on this forum is a ****ing joke too, I was banned for a week for calling Siniša Mihajlović, a man people around the world would agree is just that, a scumbag and yet there hasn't been a single infraction when people call one of the best DM's of the last 10 years a scumbag because he shoved an old, xenophobic gob****e off the pitch and then nudged him with his forehead in the nose.

People on here justifying xenophobia and nationalism is disgusting too, this place gets worse and worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I don't think it's racist either, but calling Pele 'The Black Rooney' probably would be seen as racist.

Just tagging on a race or a nationality to an insult shouldn't necessarily make the insult racist, even if that was the intent.

Paul McGrath was called "The Black Pearl".

Is that racist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Seaneh wrote: »
    First of all, the amount of people vilifying Gattauso in here, especially people who would suck Roy Keane's knob in public if they got the chance, is laughable.

Get a ****ing grip.

He's got in peoples faces, he slapped Ibrahimovic, he nudged a mouthy old **** in the nose, he didn't stub a cigar out in someones face or break their leg or try to hurt anyone.

Vice captain at one of the two most successful clubs in world football, has played with some of the best players of all time, has captained his country, has been praised by EVERY SINGLE manager he has played under, was picked for the world cup team of the tournament in 2006, was picked in the world cup 2006 top 10 players.
    He's been one of the most influential players in a squad that dominated Europe for a decade.

****, to compare him to people like Keane would be embarrassing, Gattauso never went onto the pitch to end someones career.

The moderation on this forum is a ****ing joke too, I was banned for a week for calling Siniša Mihajlović, a man people around the world would agree is just that, a scumbag and yet there hasn't been a single infraction when people call one of the best DM's of the last 10 years a scumbag because he shoved an old, xenophobic gob****e off the pitch and then nudged him with his forehead in the nose.

People on here justifying xenophobia and nationalism is disgusting too, this place gets worse and worse.
    Gatuso spent the entire second half attacking Tottenham players slapped crouch over the head and tried to get a reaction he got none he tried to play up to the crowd just like Flamini did after he possibly broke Corluka's leg the match was over and he was out of the second leg and he looked for retribution as a player and Captain that is disgraceful behavior he has apologised for reacting and said he's waiting on Uefa's verdict lets just leave it at even he knows he was in the wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Get a ****ing grip.

+1. Terrible smell of xenophobia around these parts of late (actually for as long as i've been a member) and your wasting your time trying to report it to the mods they just are'nt interested for some reason.

Gatuso spent the entire second half attacking Tottenham players slapped crouch over the head and tried to get a reaction he got none he tried to play up to the crowd just like Flamini did after he possibly broke Corluka's leg the match was over and he was out of the second leg and he looked for retribution as a player and Captain that is disgraceful behavior he has apologised for reacting and said he's waiting on Uefa's verdict lets just leave it at even he knows he was in the wrong.

He was wrong, I'm not justifying his reaction, I'm not saying he is innocent. I've said umpteen times he was a disgrace tuesday night, but purely in terms of professionalism, he should have known better, what he did wasn't in itself terrible, he didn't hurt anyone, he didn't kill anyone, he was just stupid, that in itself is bad enough.
    He's also big enough to admit he was stupid.

What I am reacting to is the people calling him a scumbag and a "nothing" player.

Jordan on the other hand is being painted whiter than white in here, and that's laughable.

And just to add to this.
    Gattauso reacted to crouch throwing elbows around the place like a muai thai boxer and to verbles which were going back and forth all night, its not like he randomly decided to give him a clip for no reason.
    As for attacking people, wtf are you talking about, he hardly ran around assaulting people for 45 minutes, he played aggressively, but he won the ball in almost every tackle, and in the ones he didn't, a free was given, sounds like a football match to me...

As for "playing up to the crowd" players get the crowd going all the time, they are trying to get the crowd behind the team, he does it in every single game, is it somehow wrong for a player to want the crowd to get behind the team?

In 2007 people were calling him a "hero" and a "warrior" for the EXACT same stuff (minus the clip to crouch and shoving the pensioner) in the home match against United in the champions league, now they make it out to be a bad thing.

the mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I have no sympathy for Jordan who let's face it, **** it and hid behind Bassong (i think (who **** it himself) ).

All I seen was a man who's nearly in his 60's standing up to a recognised tough guy in his prime. I didn't see him back off when he was shoved in the face or nearly headbutted.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yep and I have done during a game. No problem being called a prick or whatever else but I will take exception if Irish or Paddy is included before it.

I don't see how racism is bad but nationalism isn't. Two peas in a pod for me.

Yes it's admirable that you have a high horse about nationalism but your largely in the minority. The fact is that it's just not treated as seriously as racism in current society. It's like telling a girl she has fat fingers, or telling her she has a fat waist. It's generally the same, but one will be treated with far more outrage/anger.
    Jordan knew guttuso was wound up, and he had a go at him, why would guttuso pick out Jordan, he is a nobody

Jordan has played for 3 very famous clubs and played and scored in 3 separate world cup finals. But yes, quite the nobody :rolleyes:

He was wrong, I'm not justifying his reaction, I'm not saying he is innocent. I've said umpteen times he was a disgrace tuesday night, but purely in terms of professionalism, he should have known better, what he did wasn't in itself terrible, he didn't hurt anyone, he didn't kill anyone, he was just stupid, that in itself is bad enough.
    He's also big enough to admit he was stupid.

What I am reacting to is the people calling him a scumbag and a "nothing" player.

Jordan on the other hand is being painted whiter than white in here, and that's laughable.

And just to add to this.
    Gattauso reacted to crouch throwing elbows around the place like a muai thai boxer and to verbles which were going back and forth all night, its not like he randomly decided to give him a clip for no reason.
    As for attacking people, wtf are you talking about, he hardly ran around assaulting people for 45 minutes, he played aggressively, but he won the ball in almost every tackle, and in the ones he didn't, a free was given, sounds like a football match to me...

As for "playing up to the crowd" players get the crowd going all the time, they are trying to get the crowd behind the team, he does it in every single game, is it somehow wrong for a player to want the crowd to get behind the team?

In 2007 people were calling him a "hero" and a "warrior" for the EXACT same stuff (minus the clip to crouch and shoving the pensioner) in the home match against United in the champions league, now they make it out to be a bad thing.

the mind boggles.

I felt he put in a number of reckless challanges in the second half and was lucky to be on the pitch at the end.

I felt he put in a number of reckless challanges in the second half and was lucky to be on the pitch at the end.

Do you think he was trying to hurt people?
    Seriously?
    He's aggressive, he gets about, but he has never tried to "do" people.
    He probably could have picked up yellows for a few tackles the other night, you have a case there, as I said, he won the ball most of the time, but there were no challenges in the game, besides Dawson's leading with an elbow and Flamini's stupid lunge, which were red card offences.

I could easily argue that crouch was lucky to stay on the pitch the way he was throwing his arms around, but he wasn't trying to hurt people, he's just awkward.

The ref was beyond **** though.

• Advertisement

Do you think he was trying to hurt people?
    Seriously?
    He's aggressive, he gets about, but he has never tried to "do" people.
    He probably could have picked up yellows for a few tackles the other night, you have a case there, as I said, he won the ball most of the time, but there were no challenges in the game, besides Dawson's leading with an elbow and Flamini's stupid lunge, which were red card offences.

I could easily argue that crouch was lucky to stay on the pitch the way he was throwing his arms around, but he wasn't trying to hurt people, he's just awkward.

The ref was beyond **** though.
    I don't think he was trying to hurt anyone but I honestly think he lost the run of himself in the second half just my opinion of course but yes I do think he could of been sent off Dawson's wasn't a red though you have to use your arms to jump or you would never get off the ground and he watched the ball the whole way he didn't intenionally jump into anyone.

I don't think he was trying to hurt anyone but I honestly think he lost the run of himself in the second half just my opinion of course but yes I do think he could of been sent off Dawson's wasn't a red though you have to use your arms to jump or you would never get off the ground and he watched the ball the whole way he didn't intenionally jump into anyone.

He lead with an elbow. according to the rules, that's a red card. Simple as.
    I know he didn't try to elbow anyone, he didn't intend to go into the back of his head, and thankfully he didn't do any harm, but it could have easily been a very, very nasty incident.

Think back to Pazzini's red against Ireland in Bari, he jumped with his arms raised and O'Shea ran into his elbow, it wasn't intentional but the rules were broken, someone was hurt and it was a justified red card, even if it did seem harsh.

He lead with an elbow. according to the rules, that's a red card. Simple as.
    I know he didn't try to elbow anyone, he didn't intend to go into the back of his head, and thankfully he didn't do any harm, but it could have easily been a very, very nasty incident.

Think back to Pazzini's red against Ireland in Bari, he jumped with his arms raised and O'Shea ran into his elbow, it wasn't intentional but the rules were broken, someone was hurt and it was a justified red card, even if it did seem harsh.
    That was a harsh red though which looked terrible at first view(until I saw the replay) and was probably only sent off due to JOSH bleeding and the players like Given claiming he slammed him with the elbow I remember thinking we'd gotten away with one there just to go one down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lot of conjecture that he said Italian when it suits Gatusso's people to make that claim.

My personal feeling is that dirty Italian bastard isn't necessarily as bad as dirty black bastard depending on the intent. Jordan might have meant it in the context of the near-constant bad smell of gamesmanship and cheating that some Italians consistently bring (amongst other nationalities of course) to football. If you follow that line of thinking, I myself have probably often thought dirty Italian (or insert other country) bastard because you're lazily associating that player with a prevalent football culture of a particular country. For me - and it's paradoxical and just conjecture obviously - it's different to saying you are simply a black or Italian bastard in an overall sense or that being, say, black genetically makes you a cheat despite the football culture of your country or the way you play football yourself.

IIRC, Jordan was well-liked during his time in Milan and remains a fan's favourite (they called him The Shark) - not so much for his record there but for being a committed and tough forward - so I'm not sure he's racist toward Italians.

It's also stupid to equate on-field gamesmanship (where you sneakily and deliberately set out to get players done) to saying something off-pitch in the heat of the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Trying to goad players into doing something stupid isn't the same as trying to injure them. One is clever and machievellian, the other is being a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Yes it would. If he used some other word though like for instance some that begins with n then he would be very wrong.
    What about if he called him a Darkie??

Would you see that as racist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Trying to goad players into doing something stupid isn't the same as trying to injure them. One is clever and machievellian, the other is being a ****

In some circles it is yeah. Usually they aren't great footballers and that's their "thing".

I wouldn't apply that to Gattuso however, was a top player. I think he's just old and is more frustrated with himself than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Clearly you can't see the correlation between my analogy and what happened so I won't waste my time explaining why it's relevant and yours is sh*t.

So next time Drogba dives it'll be ok to call him a black cheating bastard?

Yes or no will do.

You don't get it, do you? Blacks are discriminated against throughout history because of they are black. Italians weren't. That's why calling someone black in an effort to insult them is worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I'd have called him the same if he started on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Leave Drogba out of this lads!

drogba_angry_585_546020a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Amazed how the Paul McGrath point is blatantly ignored!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Amazed how the Paul McGrath point is blatantly ignored!

Not really, as it's completely irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Most outrageous post I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Hold on a sec, is that post being completely ignored by the mods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I must remember to make up some specific nationalistic slur accusations next time I act all psycho on a football pitch.

Seems to do wonders with the Milan/Gattuso fanclub in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

So to the indignant shouters of racism...

Having been sufficiently pissed off by someone you have never uttered the phrase "dirty <choose your descriptor*> bastard"... Never?! Really!?

*Ginger, English, spotty, Mexican, four-eyed,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'd have eagle_eye at 1/20 to retain the Poster Who Always Defends the Indefensible title this year.:pac:

101001 wrote: »
    So to the indignant shouters of racism...

Having been sufficiently pissed off by someone you have never uttered the phrase "dirty <choose your descriptor*> bastard"... Never?! Really!?

*Ginger, English, spotty, Mexican, four-eyed,

Ah yes, the four eyed race...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Ah yes, the four eyed race...
    Careful... we are always watching... ALWAYS!
    _blogger_4256_375_320_four_eyes_illusion_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Are you on the wind up or what? you're posts are completely barmy at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

all this incident does is put lie to the legend of the hard man joe jordan IMO. he has been exposed as a mouthy "scottish bastard":o who could clearly be seen to abuse Gattuso from the dug-out all night and then when Gattuso confronted him he stood there until he was surrounded before doing his best 'hold me back lads' when there was so many there he wasn't going to be hurt anyway. Gattuso was wrong....i have no problem saying that an he should be suspended but likewise IMO Jordan should be punished for bringing the game into disrepute. Anyone who has been at WHL in recent times will tell you this is his usual modus operandi

Not really, as it's completely irrelevant.
    No, Im afraid its not!

all this incident does is put lie to the legend of the hard man joe jordan IMO. he has been exposed as a mouthy "scottish bastard":o who could clearly be seen to abuse Gattuso from the dug-out all night and then when Gattuso confronted him he stood there until he was surrounded before doing his best 'hold me back lads' when there was so many there he wasn't going to be hurt anyway. Gattuso was wrong....i have no problem saying that an he should be suspended but likewise IMO Jordan should be punished for bringing the game into disrepute. Anyone who has been at WHL in recent times will tell you this is his usual modus operandi

I don't think Joe Jordan has been exposed at all. Anyone who knows anything about football will already know what he's about.

Renn wrote: »
    Hold on a sec, is that post being completely ignored by the mods?

Looks that way. Lot of that going on at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Disgraceful :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

No, Im afraid its not!

it is 100%

yabadabado wrote: »
    it is 100%
    Ah yes, another section of the tunnel vision crew! The type there is absolutely no point in engaging in a conversation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Alot of noise being made by this.

I'd take any comment made being heat of the moment.

And really if " ****ing italian bastard" is now being condoned as being as bad as some people are making out here, I'm very very saddened to see Ireland has finally sucummed to PC madness.

Heat of the moment anything can be said, and lets not forget whats was said is being circulated and speculated by Agents and Italian media.

I'm no fan of Gattuso, never was. Anytime I see him he is just being a dirtbag and against Spurs he was outplayed, outmuscled and had to resort to essentially, scumbag antics.

Most interesting has been the articles about Joe Jordan in the papers from journalists and player who were around in his era, who wouldnt give Gattuso 60 seconds in a room with Jordan, and I believe it.

Gattuso is a pantomime hard man, flamboyant gestures, filthy tackles.

Flamini btw has also turned into a right scumbag ( dont remember him being like that at arsenal) but he has this horrible scummy look, his tackle was sickening and even his reaction trying trying to get Chorluka moved of the pitch was shocking.

I dont know how players do it, if stuff like that happend on a pitch I was on I wouldnt be able to restrain myself from punching the head of him.

Probably for the best that I'm not playing footie anymore, was down watching a nephews game few weeks back and there was sickening amounts of diving and the referee blowing free kicks for the slightest of touches. I just wouldnt be able to cope :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I wonder which side people/the media/Jamie Redknapp would be on if the Milan assistant manager called Gallas a dirty French bastard and he took exception to that? Doubt it would be the same reaction...

• Advertisement
Advertisement