Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heinz Beanz Fridge Pack

Options
  • 16-02-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

these have just come to my attention just now,great idea

is anyone able to tell me what shops have these in stock?

news_fridgepack_corby_main.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Iceland in Finglas definitely do them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

dunnes and superquinn have them... think they're about €2.80.. very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

thanks lads,ill check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭clouds

<Sneer> you BUY your fridge packs? I make mine from scratch. I open a tin and then pour them into a container with a lid. <smug>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The downside of the fridge pack is that you have to use it within 5 days of opening it. So unless you have a large family, that's a lot of beans to eat within that time!

I too open a large tin and store what I don't use in a plastic tub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

The downside of the fridge pack is that you have to use it within 5 days of opening it. So unless you have a large family, that's a lot of beans to eat within that time!

This is very true. I got a fridge pack in Dunnes before, looked like a great idea. I was completely sold by the resealable packaging. I never noticed the recommended eat-by time limit.

So with just the two of us, we were really sick of beans by the end of the week. Fail.

Back to the tin + large mug and cling film method.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Tesco sell the fridge pack for 2.69. It's a kg of beans per pack btw :)

Advertisement