Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tonsilitus- surgery

Options
  • 16-02-2011 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Finally I am set to get my appoinment for surgery. ENT in casulty told me to come to be assesed again in clinic Monday and should be given a date then. I was kind of confused though, there may be a chance if I dont improve that I will get surgery then or maybe jsut stay in for intravenous drugs again? Have any of you this experience. He said otherwise i wil continue to be treated and should have the surgery within 6 weeks.

Does the infection have to be clear for surgery? Will I have ot stay in hosptal or take time off work? I am a bit concerned as I am in my final weeks of training and have now 2 surgerys coming up by the sounds of things in the next month... I need this surgery but I hate the thought of losing out on my qualification afer studing my ass off all year. Only 10 weeks left of training. I have been told they may allow me to prospone trianing until after the surgeries but no guarentees yet.

Advertisement