Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature students acceptance

Options
  • 16-02-2011 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Can anyone tell me when mature students usually find out if they got accepted into the course or not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It depends on college and particular department in the college itself. It will also depend on whether you need to do an interview first. I'd say some time around April onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I got my acceptance letter in June for UL, no interview just accepted on my application and personal statement.

science dept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I started getting interview letters in March, got accepted to Trinity around the same time too(I think!)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

I Applied to the CAO before the first of feb , I got an acceptance letter from the college on the 6th of may .....

applied as a mature student to an institute of tech

and got offical confirmation from the cao i think a week earlier than the leaving cert students ... i think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

so the colleges generally send out there own acceptances - but you wait till you get the offical conformation from d cao to send back? that's cool cos you won't b waiting til august to know. you have more time to prepare.

argh i get more and more nervous as the days pass :D:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Manda23

Hey. I had my mature student interview in May last year and didn't find out until August through the CAO, when everyone else finds out. Think it was the middle of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

according to a letter i got the results for mature students coming through cao will be out on july6th this year - my birthday ARGH!!

Advertisement