Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[review wanted]colt m4 cqbr

Options
  • 16-02-2011 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

hi just wondering about range and acuracy of this gun and yes i realize its cqb but was lookin to use it fairly long range.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

hi just wondering about range and acuracy of this gun and yes i realize its cqb but was lookin to use it fairly long range.

Assuming its the D-boys one, the range will not be great out of the box. The D-boys Hop-up chamber and stock rubber are in a word...poo.

To be fair the Colt M4 CQBR is a decent base for doing upgrades. Chances are the only things that will be Dboys in the majority of these in the long run will be the body, stock and outer barrel ;)

The barrel length is not the biggest factor in accuracy and range.

What you want is...
    • Good BBs
    • Good Hop-up Chamber
    • Good Hop-up Rubber
    • 6.03mm Barrel
    The key to almost everything airsoft is - you get what you pay for

I tested a Tokyo Marui at Redbarn Sunday. It fires at 280fps and it could shoot from the village to the ditch (for anyone who knows the site). The barrel is 229mm in that aeg. However that AEG is €549 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

TNTQ wrote: »
    Assuming its the D-boys one, the range will not be great out of the box. The D-boys Hop-up chamber and stock rubber are in a word...poo.

To be fair the Colt M4 CQBR is a decent base for doing upgrades. Chances are the only things that will be Dboys in the majority of these in the long run will be the body, stock and outer barrel ;)

The barrel length is not the biggest factor in accuracy and range.

What you want is...
    • Good BBs
    • Good Hop-up Chamber
    • Good Hop-up Rubber
    • 6.03mm Barrel
    The key to almost everything airsoft is - you get what you pay for

Agreed.....but probably worth pointing out :
    • Good BBs - Goes without saying, regardless of AEG
    • Good Hop-up Chamber - there are better
    • Good Hop-up Rubber - Changed by most people, regardless of AEG
    • 6.03mm Barrel - Does not come standard with most AEG's anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Airsoft Daz

alright thanks for the help i guess ill leave that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭!!DAR!!

if its the colt m4 cqbr hobby sell then i have to give the gn about 8/10 from the box.
    i had no problems with it, i use a 9.6 crane stock battery and its a fairly good rate of fire.
    get perfect distance out of it with just a bit of hop up adjustment.

very solid gun and as the lads in tntq said its a good gun for upgrading. ( i havent done anything to mine tho.

Advertisement