Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - Olympia - 16th May

Options
  • 16-02-2011 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Week before Suede :eek:

Gonna be an expensive month

Tickets on sale this Friday

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea seen this yesterday , seen them at Oxegen 08 and they were great , Once tickets are not to steep i shall be getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Still nothing on Ticketmaster about this..aren't the tickets supposed to be onsale tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Still nothing on Ticketmaster about this..aren't the tickets supposed to be onsale tomorrow?

According to the band's website they're not on sale until the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

There is a presale today. Must look it up later on my own computer and book some tickets. Joy Formidable supporting so it will be a good gig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Any ideas if this well sell out? Last time they played the Olympia in June 09 there were loads of tickets left on the day

• Advertisement

Tickets go on sale Friday 25th February at 9am priced from €39.20 inc. booking fee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Decent price that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Can I buy these at the ticketmaster box office in Cork does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

lukin wrote: »
    Can I buy these at the ticketmaster box office in Cork does anyone know?

ring and ask - although i'm sure ticketmaster have a voice machine phone service so you probably won't get to speak to anyone. drop by and ask them in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Week before Suede :eek:

Gonna be an expensive month

Tickets on sale this Friday

It's on a Monday :(

Like your username by the way - Generation Terrorists was their best album - "Condemned to Rock & Roll" their best song.

• Advertisement

Is this expected to sell out quickly? I could risk going to the box office but would buy them online if they are not going to be all sold ten seconds after I log in to ticketb*****d.

Got em anyway, surprised it was so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Dammit I've left it a bit late,Does anyone know how big of a difference there is between the upper circle and ground floor in the Olympia?I may make do now either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

bradlente wrote: »
    Dammit I've left it a bit late,Does anyone know how big of a difference there is between the upper circle and ground floor in the Olympia?I may make do now either way.

upper circle = unreserved seating high up - not a great view from anywhere other than the first few rows
    ground floor = standing

the upper circle tickets should still be on sale on the day of the gig. keep an eye on toutless.com for standing tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I've got it now anyway,just gonna get in early forem try get a good seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Generation Terrorist

This day week :D

Anyone know where they're likely to stay/be?

James is a massive Forest fan and they're playing Swansea in the play offs the same night, would love to get him out for a pint or 2 for the match before the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

It could easily have been Cardiff that they met . . . hmm, interesting thread here.

So anyone know of places in Dublin that they've drank over the years? :D They were meant to have been in Isobar in Cork back in '99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Generation Terrorist

James was on Soccer Am last month bigging up the Tricky Trees :D

If we knew where they were staying we could crash the hotel bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

James was on Soccer Am last month bigging up the Tricky Trees :D

If we knew where they were staying we could crash the hotel bar!

Try the Merrion Hotel - a friend of mine saw Nicky come out or go into there last time they were here to play Oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Can't wait for Monday, seen them around 8 times but the best was at the Olympia for The Journal tour in 09, they really gave it their all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

any of you reckon there'll be tickets available on the night?

who_ru wrote: »
    any of you reckon there'll be tickets available on the night?

Seems to be some cropping up on Toutless, I got one from a person on that yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crouchie15

Looking forward to this.
    Anyone know what time to expect them on?
    Cheers

Always seems to be around 9pm kick off in the Olympia.

An extra 30 tickets have just been released for Manic Street Preachers at The Olympia Theatre tonight, get them while you can folks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

An extra 30 tickets have just been released for Manic Street Preachers at The Olympia Theatre tonight, get them while you can folks!!!

Word for word!! Are you MCD in disguise :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm going to see them with my brother tonight, it'll be my first time seeing them live whereas my bro has seen 'em well over ten times.

CAN'T WAIT!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Word for word!! Are you MCD in disguise :cool:

Ha sorry Scudz i just copied and pasted it from their FB site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I'm heading myself and can't wait as a huge Manics fan and in my opinion one of the greatest bands of all time. I've seen them live 5/6times now always great live never been let down once!! Standing tonight too excellent!

Get of the couches, turn the Telly off and support some great live music!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Just realised I've not seen them in 3 years - the Ambassador gig. Crazy, I've seen them loads but missed the Plague tour.

Advertisement