Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - Olympia - 16th May

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 shanemhoban

ye goin too. support act any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Hope you checked out the Joy Formidable- they are very good. Sound massive for a 3 piece.
    Good greatest hits/classics set from the Manics.

Enjoyed hearing Stay Beautiful, Faster, Of Walking Abortion, Life Becoming a Landslide at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Anybody at this any trouble getting in and around dame st last night? Heading to olympia on wed night but driving down from dundalk and freaking out about getting anywhere near the place and finding a place to park!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Streets weren't closed off last night like they were today. Restrictions ease from 5/6pm so you might get around ok butstill might be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I enjoyed the support act Joy Formidable (that leads singer is smokin hot!).
    Was a bit disappointed the manics didn't play any songs off Journal for Plague Lovers (I am pretty sure they didn't anyway) as I thought that was a really great album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Really enjoyed the gig. Got the setlist. Couln't believe some of the older tunes played...you expect some of them like You Love Us, Motorcycle Emptiness and Motown Junk but to come right off the bat with Stay Beautiful and also play Suicide is Painless, Of Walking Abortion and Lie becoming a Landslide...fantastic gig. And the support were excellent too. I can't say enough good things!! Loved it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Fantastic gig! Been a year or 2 since seen them last and they pulled out some tunes I've never heard them play live great to see them in great spirits and having some banter too. Pity they are playing Oxegen and not EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Fantastic gig! Been a year or 2 since seen them last and they pulled out some tunes I've never heard them play live great to see them in great spirits and having some banter too. Pity they are playing Oxegen and not EP!

I tend to see them more at their own gigs rather than the festivals cos I just think they know they can get away with more at their own gigs as in playing tunes like 'Of Walking Abortion' or 'Life Becoming A Landslide'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

In the nosebleeds but I'd always take those tickets for the Manics,A quality live band.The journal gig the last time they played over here was the best gig I've ever been to.

Enjoyed the joy formidable too,I could be mistaken but pretty sure I seen/heard double bass pedals from the drummer on two climatic outros in songs,impressed me as a metaldrums nerd:oAdd to that a fine lookin frontwoman with great chops on guitar and vox(and she had some cool pedal loop effects going on)and I was sold.Will be checking out some of their shtuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Have to say underwhelmed by the Joy Formidable. Relied way too much on effects rather than guile or craft.

• Advertisement
Advertisement