Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Abroad Expo Aus/NZ. Anyone ever been?

Options
  • 16-02-2011 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Due to a sequence of professional events, the future is hard to call for me in Ireland, so I'm going to go to a work abroad expo to find out more about workign in Australia and new Zealand.

I'm almost 34, so know that the whv is out of the question.
    Next up would be the skills shortage list. I'm not on it for NZ and in reality, there is no major reason why an employer in Aus should hire me over a local, unless they are looking for multilingualists!

Anyways, has anyone been to these work expos? Are they worth a visit?

I'm unaware of how long the whole process could take, but will start here on this forum.

I'm actually in Aus at the moment for a wedding,and spent the last week in NZ. NZ was perfect, weather wise, but I'm wondering what the catch is, seeing as there are so many kiwis working in Aus/UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭haydar

I went to an expo a couple of months ago and they had to stop letting people in because so many were attending, so my advice would be to go early if you are goin.

In regards to kiwi's goin to oz, its to earn more. The pay isnt as good in nz but i think its cheaper. My bro has been livin there the last 6 years and loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

yeah, NZ is a lovely country alright...

Advertisement