Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedward insulting The Cure with a cover

Options
  • 16-02-2011 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey lads,

just wanted to let you know, that after embarrassing us at Eurovision, here is the next big thing by those two guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOzT2-Lc7qk

The Cure cover versions should just be illegal, don't you think?

Okay, the lyrics are different, but that makes it even worse, because what they are singing is disgusting.

Keep real music alive!

Hateward :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Thats horrible, the sooner they are gone from the music scene the better, I'm embarressed that they are representing Ireland in the Eurovision. Will our European neighbours think that this is what irish people are like

"No wonder the Irish people are in so much debt"

Oh the shame :eek::D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thats horrible, the sooner they are gone from the music scene the better, I'm embarressed that they are representing Ireland in the Eurovision. Will our European neighbours think that this is what irish people are like

No- its ingenious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_for_Europe_%28Father_Ted%29#Inspired_by_real_events.3F

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I just can't care about anything those pair of twats do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hateward

I would not care if they were not everywhere you go...
    The other song I heard from them was goddamn awful, but the lyrics to this song combined with a good old Cure classic is just too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have heard t.A.T.u.'s version of The Smiths' How Soon Is Now? , so Jedward doing The Cure holds no terror for me. :(

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Listening to the lyrics... this a piss take right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hateward wrote: »
    I would not care if they were not everywhere you go...
    The other song I heard from them was goddamn awful, but the lyrics to this song combined with a good old Cure classic is just too much.

I think it helps that I have no faith in humanity, so inane and stupid stuff like this holds no ground with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Feck off the lot of ye with that tripe, they look like they were lifted from a cannibal corpse album cover and sound like nails on a blackboard.

I didn't come here for this! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hateward

Actually you are right @f®;eak s©enery

Just got this link posted by a friend who knows I hate these guys and I kind of got enraged when I listened to it :rolleyes:

Listening to it again as a piss take...it is a pretty good at taking the piss

:pac: eats Jedward for breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i dunno what your jedward agenda is, but i think they're fairly edgy considering the field they're in. there are easier targets you know, but you probs have a justin haiter profile already

as for the cure thats what you get for having joe soaps think you are goth play with pop n you will get such treatment, their songs have already been cozily reinterpreted by chicks for Fabreze adverts n such like.

be sure to check the cure did not sell the rights to jedward first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

bnt wrote: »
    I have heard t.A.T.u.'s version of The Smiths' How Soon Is Now? , so Jedward doing The Cure holds no terror for me. :(
    A pair of pretty Russian girls shouldn't terrify anyone :).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Malice wrote: »
    A pair of pretty Russian girls shouldn't terrify anyone :).
    And there I was thinking that this discussion was about music? A couple of Fembots singing "I am the son and the heir ... I am human and I need to be loved ..." in phonetic English. I care about music, so yes, such abortions send me running away screaming. :mad:

About Jedward ... I dunno. Never heard any, not about to start now.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

And there I was thinking that this discussion was about music? A couple of Fembots singing "I am the son and the heir ... I am human and I need to be loved ..." in phonetic English. I care about music, so yes, such abortions send me running away screaming. :mad:

About Jedward ... I dunno. Never heard any, not about to start now.
    But.. They are "lesbinems!"

I think I've watched too many Friends repeats..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Probably gonna get loads of PMs telling me to see a psychiatrist but I think taTu's version of that song isn't too bad (and that's as the biggest The Smiths fan going).

Covers are meant to introduce a new angle of a song and bring something new, and I think that's what that version does...kind of. (granted, it is nowhere near as good as the original)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Are they going to make a video where they spend the whole time jumping out of closets and we all go "yeah, we know, we've known since we first saw them"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frandman

REPENT! JESUS IS COMING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Listening to the lyrics... this a piss take right?

Come on man everybody is too busy with knee jerk hysterical reactions to actually take 30 seconds to listen to this before commenting. Anybody who listened to it would know that it's not Jedward (the lyrics for a start and the fact that it does not even sound like them).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I can't wait to see them play at Croker between the two Dublin matches on Saturday...........

...............if only they condoned missile throwing from the stand!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I'm thinking that Jedward thing is a piss-take, did you hear the last two lines?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

And there I was thinking that this discussion was about music?
    Well strictly speaking this thread is about Jedward and The Cure so yes it is about music.
    bnt wrote:
    A couple of Fembots singing "I am the son and the heir ... I am human and I need to be loved ..." in phonetic English.
    Why do you call them Fembots? What is a Fembot? And I don't understand the phonetic English reference so you might as well explain that to me too :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just seeing JEDWARD on the top page of the R&M Forum is all wrong!:eek::eek:

Screenshot_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

I take the optimistic view that they might feel sorry for us and knock a couple of % off the bailout interest rate. :pac:

Also, cover versions and Tatu have been discussed in the thread, so this is clearly on topic:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Can't these retards write their own songs

Apparently not:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

The Cure insulting Jedward with inadequate material!

who is capable of supplying the mighty jedward? provide, or languish with the posers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jem_

Who is Jedward?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ah leave them alone, i'm not a fan by any means at all but i can see whwere they're coming from.

They're just a couple of local lads, with absolutley no talent, and they're making as much money as they can while they're still able to.

I'd do exactly the same in there shoes, and i'm sure most of you would too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I wish i'd stayed asleep today!

Those 2 bed sharing brothers give me the creeps, hopefully it all end's just like buddy holly. There a disgrace to the country.

Advertisement