Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedward insulting The Cure with a cover

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I wish i'd stayed asleep today!

Those 2 bed sharing brothers give me the creeps, hopefully it all end's just like buddy holly. There a disgrace to the country.

they're

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ah leave them alone, i'm not a fan by any means at all but i can see whwere they're coming from.

They're just a couple of local lads, with absolutley no talent, and they're making as much money as they can while they're still able to.

I'd do exactly the same in their shoes, and i'm sure most of you would too

Ideally not. :pac:

Jedward__Portrait_c47f.jpg550w_showbiz_jedward_scooby_doo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ah lads,this thread is ruining the reputation of the R&M forum. We're beer loving,cigarette smoking,Satan worshipping rockers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ah leave them alone, i'm not a fan by any means at all but i can see whwere they're coming from.

They're just a couple of local lads, with absolutley no talent, and they're making as much money as they can while they're still able to.

I'd do exactly the same in there shoes, and i'm sure most of you would too
    That's missing the point though. I think it's terrible that people with no discernable talent like them are given the oxygen of publicity and, through the media, are held up as something for young people to aspire to.

It's far harder to rail against the mindless media consumers in this country who can't or won't think for themselves so instead pop puppets like Jedward face a backlash from the minority of people who have the ability to think for themselves and appreciate the merits of music or dancers without having to be told to do so by Louis Walsh or Simon Cowell.

More fundamentally, this is the Rock & Metal forum. Expecting Jedward to be left alone on here would be like going to this forum, starting a discussion about how tasty veal is and expecting the discussion to remain civil.

• Advertisement

Malice wrote: »
    That's missing the point though. I think it's terrible that people with no discernable talent like them are given the oxygen of publicity and, through the media, are held up as something for young people to aspire to.

It's far harder to rail against the mindless media consumers in this country who can't or won't think for themselves so instead pop puppets like Jedward face a backlash from the minority of people who have the ability to think for themselves and appreciate the merits of music or dancers without having to be told to do so by Louis Walsh or Simon Cowell.

More fundamentally, this is the Rock & Metal forum. Expecting Jedward to be left alone on here would be like going to this forum, starting a discussion about how tasty veal is and expecting the discussion to remain civil.
    I would disagree, they may be untalented but they having right craic, while i'm sitting here in a job on the bleedin internet!

lord lucan wrote: »
    We're beer loving,cigarette smoking,Satan worshipping rockers! :pac:
    Speak for yourself :p
    Although I am partial to a hefty dose of Erdinger on the weekend...

I preferred this thread when it referenced Tatu. Has anyone else listened to the mash-ups that someone did featuring Tatu, Rammstein, Clawfinger and Limp Bizkit?

I would disagree, they may be untalented but they having right craic, while i'm sitting here in a job on the bleedin internet!
    :confused: I don't understand what you mean. I never said they weren't enjoying themselves so what exactly are you disagreeing with in my post?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Speak for yourself :p
    Although I am partial to a hefty dose of Erdinger on the weekend...

Alcohol free,HARDCORE!:pac:

erdinger-alcohol-free.jpg

lord lucan wrote: »
    Alcohol free,HARDCORE!:pac:
    Heh, one of the lads at work drank a few of those at a table quiz during the week. He said he felt as rough the next day as if he'd had the equivalent number of bottles of proper Erdinger but of course had none of the fun part of being drunk.

Somehow I can't see this catching on as a slogan: "Alcohol-free Erdinger. All the fun of the hangover with none of the fun of the drunkeness" :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

would be like going to this forum, starting a discussion about how tasty veal is and expecting the discussion to remain civil.

Well that's my weekend entertainment sorted :p

Advertisement