Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monteiths

• 16-02-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

hmm, how is it that I've found monteith's cider in redmond's but have yet to find their beers in Ireland. Can anyone let me know? Please.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

sure its from the same company? don't remember them doing a cider when i was out there... in fact I can't think of any breweries which also make cider

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

cider's only starting to catch on over there.

I know you can get monteith's in the salthouse in galway, and the now bankrupt harvest stocked them until they went out of business, so they are out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

The cider was the first one of their products brought in, the summer ale, original ale and pilsner and black will all be available now or very shortly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

When did you last look? On my last two visits to Redmond's they've had Black, Pilsner and (IIRSC) Winter Ale.

If it's not on the shelves, ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

thanks a million.
    They must have been out of stock - it was last sunday evening.
    The cider is delicious by the way, and yes it is the same monteiths.
    Must go check back next time I'm out ranelagh way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

They released the Crisp Apple Cider here in NZ last year, followed by a pear variant. Apple's OK but the pear is insipid. Much like the POriginal Ale and the Golden Lager. Pilsener is interesting, Black is passable, Celtic red not a bad session beer, Radler is just a shandy, Summer Ale is fine on a hot day and the Doppelbock is lovely.

Advertisement