Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleet Foxes in Cork

Options
  • 16-02-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭

Fleet Foxes added to the line-up for the Marquee on June 26.

Tickets go on sale on Friday and are €39.20 (plus ticket agency fees). Can't wait to see them. They have a new album out this year, too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

I'm assuming seen as it's called live at the marquee that it's in a tent? Anyone know what the sound is like? I'm sure acoustics are important to a band like fleet foxes.

I seen them in Vicar Street in 2009 and they were just incredible. They've upped their ticket price anyway iirc tickets for vicar street were around €25.

Still tho it'll be an amazing gig think ill be making the trip the the peoples republic that weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Once people shut up it will be amazing. Was at Midlake down in the marquee last year and it was really good but with bands like these people need to STFU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Once people shut up it will be amazing. Was at Midlake down in the marquee last year and it was really good but with bands like these people need to STFU.

I didn't think there was that much noise...the venue wasn't packed. Though clapping through the flute part of Van Occupantar (in appreciation, mind) was distracting

Yeah, Ziggy, it's in a big tent, but I thought the acoustics were ok. But then again, I am half deaf.:pac:

I didn't think there was that much noise...the venue wasn't packed. Though clapping through the flute part of Van Occupantar (in appreciation, mind) was distracting

Yeah, Ziggy, it's in a big tent, but I thought the acoustics were ok. But then again, I am half deaf.:pac:

Maybe it was for Grizzly Bear then :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Poshknacker

Probably Grizzly Bear sound was awful throughout. Dont think the venue will suit Fleet Foxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

they're also playing in Belfast and if it's the same tent as was used for Wilco last year the sound was fantastic so might be an option for people.
    Tix available from tomorrow without charges (i think) from here
    www.openhousefestival.com

Got me tickets - whooop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

they're also playing in Belfast and if it's the same tent as was used for Wilco last year the sound was fantastic so might be an option for people.
    Tix available from tomorrow without charges (i think) from here
    www.openhousefestival.com

Tried getting tickets for Belfast this morning but kept saying invalid currency!!? Had to get tickets for Cork instead

that's odd i got 4 no problem with the brucie bonus of them being £8.50 off for early bird tickets, so it was £30 a ticket with no additional charges at all.

just thinking did you try to use a laser card rather than a credit card? maybe that's what caused the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

just thinking did you try to use a laser card rather than a credit card? maybe that's what caused the problem.

yeah...Ah well....happy to see them anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

Decided to get tickets for Belfast myself, was a nice surprise with the discount. Really looking forward to it hopefully the weather will be nice, sitting in the sun with a beer listening to fleet foxes = heaven.

I see they signed up to rock werchter too, was already thinking about werchter this summer so that'll be fleet foxes twice in about a week. Think that makes me a groupie :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Marshmallowie

Fleet Foxes- They are my new happy band, just started listening to them lately so Happy Days to hear them playing in Cork!! Where can you get the line up for the marquee??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Really, really want to see them.:( So upset, none of my friends will go with me. Suppose it will be the kind of gig where you could quite easily just go it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Where can you get the line up for the marquee??

Here,
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Live-At-The-Marquee-tickets-Cork/venue/197770

There's also a thread in Cork forum here,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056108365

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

rebel10 wrote: »
    Really, really want to see them.:( So upset, none of my friends will go with me. Suppose it will be the kind of gig where you could quite easily just go it alone.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. They are worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Marshmallowie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

Really enjoyed tonights gig... sound was rubbish for first 2 songs and then was fixed, excellent all round thereafter... really brought the new album to life... crowd interaction was minimal but it was great to see the genuine pleasure they got from the crowds reaction, they were almost surprised how good we thought they were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

great gig. I dont care about crowd interaction with bands, they are musicians, not comedians. great buzz in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

No Dublin dates at all?

Did they get a good sized crowd?

No Dublin dates at all?

Hopefully they'll be added to Electric Picnic, now that this gig is out of the way.

• Advertisement

the place was almost full, by my measure. the crowd went mental for them.

Glad to hear that.
    There were a couple of shows cancelled there this year. I presuming because of bad ticket sales. From what I've heard not many of the shows have sold out.
    It's good for a band like them, that wouldn't be that mainstream, to sell a lot of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Good night!

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Glad to hear that.
    There were a couple of shows cancelled there this year. I presuming because of bad ticket sales. From what I've heard not many of the shows have sold out.
    It's good for a band like them, that wouldn't be that mainstream, to sell a lot of tickets.

The acts weren't that great, to be honest. Mostly a bunch of has-beens. Fleet Foxes are on the rise, so I guess the attendances reflect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

What a performance they put on last night. Breathtaking. Jumped around mad to 'Ragged Wood'. Robin my man you have some voice

Great gig, saw them previously in EP and this one was much much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wagon wheel

Drove from Monaghan to see them last night - thought they were
    fantastic - quality performers and painfully shy - what a relief these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭deeks

Superb show from Fleet Foxes on Sunday night. Pure perfection. Sound was slightly dodgy for the first song but was sorted very quickly and was spot on after that. The musicianship and vocal harmonies of the band were an absolute joy. The band also seemed genuinely taken aback by the crowd reaction (which in fairness bordered on worship at times). Overall, easily a contender for gig of the year for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

H8GHOTI wrote: »

Hopefully they'll be added to Electric Picnic, now that this gig is out of the way.

Man, that would be sweet! And all the more from reading the great reviews here for the Cork gig

• Advertisement

Drove from Monaghan to see them last night - thought they were
    fantastic - quality performers and painfully shy - what a relief these days!
    You should have gone to Belfast, lot quicker for you.

Really enjoyed their gig Saturday night, weather was lovely (hadn't realised it was going to be outdoors, last years Wilco gig was in a tent) and the sound was perfect. Enjoyed Villagers too.

Advertisement