Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on complaints

Options
  • 17-02-2011 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭

This, imvhaho, should be compulsory for mods upon receiving complaints.

Why isn't it?

Edit: Whether right or wrong, it would be nice to know your complaint has at least been heard.

Edit: By complaints i mean posts reported.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just to be clear, are you saying that it would be nice, as a user, to know that posts you report are read by the moderators of the forum that the reported posts were from?
    If so then the moderators and category moderators of a given forum do already receive notification of reported posts and there is a discussion thread created for each one in the moderator forum.
    As for knowing if your complaint has been heard, as long as the moderator reads their e-mail then they will be aware of it. You can also contact the mod by PM directly if you are unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    This, imvhaho, should be compulsory for mods upon receiving complaints.

Why isn't it?

Edit: Whether right or wrong, it would be nice to know your complaint has at least been heard.

Edit: By complaints i mean posts reported.

As you may know, moderators/cmods and admins are all volunteers on the site.

If we enforce rules such as this, moderating becomes more like an unpaid job, which is not something I personally would like.

Yes, it would be nice to receive an acknowledgement, but unfortunately I cannot see it happening any time.

Advertisement