Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science - Health & Performance

Options
  • 17-02-2011 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I'm currently a Leaving Cert student and I have this course down on my CAO and i'm just wondering if anybody doing Science - Health & Performance can give me some information on it.
    Is it difficult, how many hours does it entail etc.
    Also can this course lead you into Physiotherapy? How many years will it take on top of the three years? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Hi,

I've PM'd people before about the course so I'll send them on, they might answer your questions. I'm in 2nd year of the course and I absolutely love it! I wanted to do physio but didn't get the points but I'm delighted I'm doing H&P. I still want to do physio afterwards but this course is a great foundation especially if you're interested in sport and the science of it.

At the moment, the only place in Ireland I'm aware of a Post-Grad Physio course is in RCSI where it's 3years instead of 4. There is talks of UCD introducing a Post-Grad 2year physio course in September 2012. They asked my class if we'd be interested in it and most said yes so they're looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Hi,

At the moment, the only place in Ireland I'm aware of a Post-Grad Physio course is in RCSI where it's 3years instead of 4. There is talks of UCD introducing a Post-Grad 2year physio course in September 2012. They asked my class if we'd be interested in it and most said yes so they're looking into it.

Thanks for the reply. If I don't get Physio straight then it will take me 6 years if I go that route.:confused: Has anybody in your course transferred to Physio in the UK after a year or two or do you know anybody that has completed the course and gone over to the UK?

Advertisement