Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My First Song - No One Said Everything

• 17-02-2011 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey all,

Started writing for the first time just before Christmas. Recorded the second song I ever wrote then about a month ago. You can listen to it hear http://breakingtunes.com/niallcusack Would love to get feedback on it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

For a first song that is very good, keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sack

Thanks. Will hopefully get a few more recorded at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 thumbscrew

that's really good for a first tune! You have a good voice, so I recommend turning down the vocal effects - you don't need them :) also, you should set yourself up on soundcloud if you haven't already...

Hey Thumbscrew,

Thanks for that. There aren't actually any effects on the voice. It is just two tracks layered on each other. If it was mastered fully I don't think it would be a problem but I appreciate the input. Will take note next time.

I do have a SoundCloud account actually. Must get that up there too. Thanks again :)

Found ya on soundcloud! yay umbrella! (can't help myself - love that tune)

• Advertisement

Haha! Fair play. Umbrella got a bit loud but that's what happens when you are using the in built mic on the laptop to record. :)

Always worth investing in a better mic! Those itty bitty mics are useless...that said, I still love my Fisher Price tape recorder :)

Investing in a mic maybe is an idea. The SoundCloud account is really just for rough demos and ideas anyway that I play out on the acoustic in the front room. Must start putting the recorded stuff up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

your voice is very easy to listen to, song well constructed.
    fair play to you i envy your talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭hponboard

good strong voice there. good tune for first time. keep it up, it's not easy putting songs tohgether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 jodyWayne

I agree with everyone else. Very well done! A new mic is a must. lol

Didn't notice all the other replies. Thanks very much for the kind words and feedback. I've just started playing gigs, so you may even hear this out some night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Really like this. Nice one, stick at it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭Witchy.ie

Very impressive first song, well done mate. Keep at it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

I'm very impressed. Fair play to ya. Hope all goes well for you. Keep the tunes coming, would b interested in hearing more.

Advertisement