Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etihad - booking flights home from Australia through Irish site

Options
  • 17-02-2011 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

Have started pricing flights home for October, and intend flying with Etihad again. When checking their site for the flights, the return trip from Sydney - Dublin - Sydney is $7841 per person.

If you try pricing Dublin - Sydney - Dublin though, which is priced in Euro's - the cost is approx $5400 once converted.

The site doesn't allow you book flights out of Australia through the Irish portal, which I'd obviously prefer to do given the near 5k saving for two people. Etihad have been non-responsive so far!

Just wondering if anyone else has managed to book the flights this way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

kdevitt wrote: »
    Have started pricing flights home for October, and intend flying with Etihad again. When checking their site for the flights, the return trip from Sydney - Dublin - Sydney is $7841 per person.

If you try pricing Dublin - Sydney - Dublin though, which is priced in Euro's - the cost is approx $5400 once converted.

The site doesn't allow you book flights out of Australia through the Irish portal, which I'd obviously prefer to do given the near 5k saving for two people. Etihad have been non-responsive so far!

Just wondering if anyone else has managed to book the flights this way?

I noticed the same - I take it you are flying Bus class?

A flight in Oct from Sydney - Dublin - Sydney was 1449 Euro
    and Dublin - sydney - dublin was 1307

This may just be tax ... but you can also try ring an agency in ireland? they might be able to help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

hussey wrote: »
    I noticed the same - I take it you are flying Bus class?

A flight in Oct from Sydney - Dublin - Sydney was 1449 Euro
    and Dublin - sydney - dublin was 1307

This may just be tax ... but you can also try ring an agency in ireland? they might be able to help you out

Yeah its business class alright - will try and get onto a travel agency and see what they say, seems like a hefty difference for just tax. I'd figured that they had a fixed FX rate which was hopelessly out of date.

At the very worst I could always book one way to Dublin on the Australian site, and book the return flight through the Irish site - fairly ridiculous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Booked flights through Etihad US in January, no problem. Out of Dublin to Sunshine Coast return.

Advertisement