Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MR BIG BUTTON FACTORY JUNE 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sh7289

Just seen this news what a week for Gigs i will deffo be at this and a belfast gig if they announce one

http://www.myspace.com/events/View/9809285/The-Button-Factory

Awesome! Saw Paul Gilbert over in London 2 years ago supporting Satch and he was great! Hope to get to see Mr. Big when they're in town! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Well this is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

wow cheap, i was going somewhere last year or something and the tickets were almost triple that,

28 isnt bad for me big at all

+ seen PG supporting Joe in the uk 2 years ago too and the last belfast gig... think i seen him at the button factory before, front row if i remember

jesus i cant remember a thing, but ill prob see you all there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I wonder does this mean they'll be at Download on Sunday or will there be a chance they'll play Download on the Friday - as I'd like to see them and I'm only going on the first day

Cheap Trick, for example, have booked Bristol for the Sunday of Download but their website also says their playing on Friday and Saturday in Donnington...pity bands can't be clearer

Edit: Just looked it up and Mr Big have booked Saturday for Download since they're already booked on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

think there at the sweden rock festival that weekend but ill be buying my ticket first thing in the morning hoping to **** this dont sell out straight away especially as the tickets are so cheap

bump! this is on tomorrow and tickets are still available, should be a good one. The latest non-festival setlists are looking good too, 23/24 songs!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mr-big/2011/matrix-bochum-germany-3bd330ac.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Bring on the DRILL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Should be a cracker alright - anyone any idea when this will finish, just trying to work out how I'm getting home........not a huge amount of info around on the gig anywhere.....was a little surprised there was no support, but I guess we just have an off festival date.......not complaining, looking at a 2hour set I'm assuming..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

If it's two hours, that would mean about a 10.30 finish, no? I have to collect my ticket at the box office, can any one tell me what time doors open, etc.?

• Advertisement

blastman wrote: »
    If it's two hours, that would mean about a 10.30 finish, no? I have to collect my ticket at the box office, can any one tell me what time doors open, etc.?

7:30 Doors....as you mentioned 8:30 Mr.Big, as far as I know no support....

yep that would be 10:30, but I'm just guessing that we'd be getting a 2hr set.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Not long back from this gig it was freaking brilliant, the band were amazing.
    I managed to get a video or two

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I heard of a solo with a power drill? Goddamn it I always skip Gilbert

another great night, great band - but when you have musicians of the quality of Sheehan and Gilbert it's hard to go wrong.

great atmosphere last night and they seemed genuinely shocked by the crowd reaction - although Eric was looking for a little more noise/movement from the front row......:D

took this last night - one of my favourite tracks from the new album

Stranger In My Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPhKBxDcA-s

Good crowd, great gig, they did seem genuinely taken aback by the reaction. It was a last minute decision to go, but I'm glad I did. Another band making its debut Irish performance, too, seems to be the year for it!

NIBBS, you weren't wearing a Journey shirt, were you? :)

blastman wrote: »
    Good crowd, great gig, they did seem genuinely taken aback by the reaction. It was a last minute decision to go, but I'm glad I did. Another band making its debut Irish performance, too, seems to be the year for it!

NIBBS, you weren't wearing a Journey shirt, were you? :)

nah blastman, there was a guy two people away from me wearing onw, but he had hair ;-)
    I was wearing a grey Foreigner 4 shirt.......you near the front ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 deadmanshand08

little dissapointed with this gig to be honest... me an my friend were right at the front beside paul gilbert an round half way through the gig one of ther p.a speakers started cracklin an only worked erratically so we couldn hear vocals or guitar for most of 2nd half which really sucked! obviously not the bands fault but thought gilberts main solo was a bit lackluster . gonna post it soon!

cant believe they did shyboy tho!

No, was further back, Nibbs, only got there with about five minutes to spare!

I noticed the problem with the P.A. on Paul Gilbert's side, it was cutting in and out intermittently and then got very bad during his solo. I saw one obviously irate guy going back to the sound desk to complain about it at that stage, and they did sort it out after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 formbypc

Can I claim the 'farthest travelled' prize?

Flew in from Edinburgh; I heard a couple of English voices about 4-5 rows from the front, but they were deep in conversation with another group, so didn't get the chance to chat.

I got the impression a couple of folk had microphones pointed at the band, so if anyone managed to capture the whole gig, could they drop a hint here?

Great gig, have a few videos myself which i'll upload and post tomorrow

edit: Damn, i miss ridiculously fast college speeds! these are taking an age to upload

Undertow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 deadmanshand08

Just the main solo for now!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ktfPrpvWg
    enjoy!

and heres the electric drill song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPTbj4-7dA

Advertisement