Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phibsborough to loughlinstown

Options
  • 17-02-2011 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

hi, im due to start a coarse in the fas centre in loughlinstown, but i live in phibsborough, im just wondering if anyone knows how long roughly it would take to get from where i live to the centre. its on wyattville road apparently, but this means nothing to me! i will be giving it a test run on the bus before hand but im not really sure of the quickest way to get there! i dont drive by the way! any help much appriciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

145 bus from Inns Quay 1478 to Loughlinstown Flyover 3134 should take 45-55 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

The luas goes to Cherrywood which is less than a mile from the FAS centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Best bet is 145 to Loughlinstown. Some landmarks to watch out for may help.
    Pass Foxrock Church on Left, Next is Dunnes Stores/ Cornelscourt shopping centre on right, then two Esso petrol stations - one either side - you're getting close now, the bus will leave dual carriageway up slip road - get ready to get off - at the top of the ramp is a traffic light, just after this you get off. Walk back to the junction and turn right. Walk about 500 yards to next junction, turn right and about 200 yards on left is FAS.
    map

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

I cycle from Inchicore,takes about an hour.
    Don't think the Luas will suit you as its the Green line.
    As you look at the overpass over the N11,with the city centre behind you,turn left and take the first right,at the 2nd traffic lights and the Fas centre is right there.
    Best of luck with the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Whereabouts in phibsborough? I used to travel from the broadstone to there. Your 3 main options are

No 7 from o connell st. Takes an hour and 15 minutes

If o connell streets too far a walk no 4 to blackrock and a 7 the rest of the way (those 90 minute tickets come in handy here)

Dart to dun laoighre and 7/145/111 the rest of the way.

It is a killer getting out there for the first week or so but you get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i would be going for the 7/a bus, they are much more frequent from O'Connell Street.

Tell the bus man to let you off near to Wyattville Road, the stop is after the big yellow and red garage (no idea what the brand is).

and its about a 10/15 min. walk from there.

its well sign posted but get yourself on Google maps and print off the walking route from Loughlinstown (N11)

Advertisement