Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Text Message reveived in cellphone

• 17-02-2011 7:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What would you feel and what would you do if someone sends you a text message that contains bad words?

Bad words including "bitch", "****", "assole", "suck," etc.

Would you prefer to block bad text messages? Or you just give the permission to let the messages arrive in your phone?

Would you like to add some bad text message blocker/feature in your phone? 2 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    FayeRayRaysamanthawe 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

it would be so annoying for the majority of users that dont give fcuk and using sh1tty language in texts

it would have to be an optional setting for it to work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 samanthawe

No
    yah..it would depend on users. Depends on their lifestyle.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

I would prefer that the phone stops trying to change the sh1tty words I put in! If I put in fcuk then I want that word, not duck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

I suppose if i had young children who had phones i'd like that capability.
    OR I'd rather have an option to only recieve communications from numbers stored in the phonebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Personally no I wouldn't want to block bad words. For kids though it would be a good thing to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

sounds a bit nanny state ish of an idea. I certainly wouldn't pay for it but if some one thinks they need it so be it once it's optional. I don't have any friends who'd use it and to be honest if I didn't want people swearing in texts to me I'd tell them to stop.

Also if children are too young to swear I don't think they should have a private phone tbh as they are too young for that also. my personal opinion.

Advertisement