Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Internet protection 2011 virus remove?

• 17-02-2011 9:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Anyone tell me how to kill this annoying virus?
    I have ran spybot but no joy.
    It won't let me scan with Microsoft security essentials or malware bytes.

I'm on W7.
    Would a restore to an earlier date do the job?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Boot up in Safe mode and try running malwarebytes. Or else get a hold of hijack this and run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

irishgeo wrote: »
    Boot up in Safe mode and try running malwarebytes. Or else get a hold of hijack this and run it.

Cheers I'll try that when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

I just got this same virus, running malwarebytes from safe mode didnt work, did a system restore from 7 days ago and it seemed to work...
    Im still worried that part of it is still there.

What annoyed me is that I just updated MS security essentials just a few days ago, and it didn't stop anything! I have no idea how i got it as Im resonably careful about downloading and dodgy sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

combox is is the only tool i find that get rid of scareware etc but its frowned upon to advise its use if your not a spyware guru for some reason . i used it on loads of PCs with no problems.

i run combofix, malwarebytes to clear up any left over stuff all in safe mode and reboot and run malwarebytes again.

ensure your window is up to date. your using the latest java version and flash and ensure you have the latest version of your web browsers.

also i run spywareblaster which stop all lot of crap from being installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Get a copy of malwarebytes from a clean computer. Run it. Delete the viruses that appear. Then you have to go into the program files and delete all the malicous files its planted around your computer. It also leaves files in the registry. Look up this website for precise instructions - http://www.precisesecurity.com/rogue/smart-internet-protection-2011/

It's time intensive but I got rid of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement