Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Speaker Upgrade

Options
  • 17-02-2011 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

HI folks, need a new set of speakers as my logitech x210's have annoyed me for long enough. Basically one of the speakers sounds terrible and I'd like to upgrade.

Not the best with speakers etc dont really know what i'm looking for but I have an idea of what I want if that helps. I'd like a 2.1 system, black preferably and have some sort of bass control (I have thin floors), some option of volume control on either one of the speakers or a little wired controller thing. Also would be sweat to have a headphone/ mic jack but not essential.

In terms of price.. I'm not really sure, I was looking at another logitech set on ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/product/175418 if that helps give a good idea of price etc, maybe up to £50 sterling.

Any help appreciated as I got some money in and would love to treat meself :)

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I have the Z323 set you've been looking at (ordered from Amazon), they do the job nicely for a relatively cheap 2.1 system.

They tick all of your boxes apart from having a mic port (one of the speakers has a headphone port, but no mic I'm afraid...)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

Thanks for the replies guys. I might be interested in moving up a notch to a 5.1 though. Could you recommend anything that can do the same on a 5.1 scale?

I looked at the Logitech X-540 and 530 but if theres anything better in that price range it would be good to know.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

If you want 2.1, get Altec Lansing VS2621's. They aren't very popular*, but they are a lot better than similarly priced Logitech or Creative speakers.

*I mean that not many people know of them, not that they aren't any good ;)

Advertisement