Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OSi Map Sales

Options
  • 17-02-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise in advance if this is the wrong forum to ask this question, but after having a look through them all and a search, I wasn't sure which one was best.

So, my question, does anybody know any good map sales shops in the North Dublin area such as Swords, Baldoyle, Clarehall, or, Naas, Citywest, Red Cow, Naas Road, Liffey Valley, and those general areas.

I am looking to purchase some 1:50,000 series maps.

Any help very much appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Rgds

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hm Let's try the Dublin City forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Yes,the OSI have a shop on Camden St,near JJSmyths pub I think.
    Anyway,they will have,or can order,what you are looking for .
    Would be pretty sure they have an online shop too,mayge google it?

oops,well,I was close :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

National Map Centre is on Aungier Street, just here. The OSI also have a very efficient online shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

richardjjd wrote: »
    National Map Centre
    there's a national map centre? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why not map sales in the OSI itself in the Phoenix Park ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

there's a national map centre? :eek:

Not really - its just the name of the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I am looking to purchase some 1:50,000 series maps.
    Any Easons would normally stock the full range. There is one in the Pavillions in Swords and Blanchardstown Shopping Center. http://www.eason.ie/stores

Or buy online
    http://www.eason.ie/categories/atlases-maps
    http://www.irishmaps.ie/productlistingM.cfm?SeriesID=11

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Thanks for all the help guys. Very much appreciated.

My main problem was that I needed the maps in a hurry! Needed them for first thing Saturday morning for an Endurance Trail around the Luttrellstown area, so all the easy methods such as web ordering etc were out the window due to them not being fast enough!

But fair play to Easons in Newbridge, rang them during the day on Thursday, helpful guy on the phone went and checked the stock and sure enough had the 2 I needed and even put them aside for me with my name on them for collection later. I'm glad he did as when I checked their selection, which wasn't fantastic to be fair, they didn't have anymore of one of the maps I needed! Close call!

Many thanks to everybody who replied!

Rgds

Paul

Advertisement