Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the real reason Irish pubs don't have more craft beers available?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

matrim wrote: »
    A Beer & Wine & Spirits version boards beers that end up with nobody actually having beer. We pick a pub all walk into it on one weekend ask for a craft and leave when they don't have it :D

When I'm travelling around the country, I've taken to looking up the Beoir Directory of pubs that stock Craft Beers, going to a pub (if there is one in the town) and making a point of telling them that the express reason that I'd gone there was for the craft beer.

For example, I found that in Kilkenny the only place to stock anything decent was the Grapevine Tappas bar. I found on the Dungarvan Brewing site (Beoir directory needs updating here) that they stock their beers. I went in ordered a Black Rock Stout and some food and made a point of letting them know that the only reason I chose to eat there was because of the beer.

There's something like 70 pubs in Kilkenny and only one wine bar has proper beer!!!!!!??????:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

(Beoir directory needs updating here)
    "Can't Someone Else Do It?", eh?

Added now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BeerNut wrote: »
    "Can't Someone Else Do It?", eh?

Added now.

I was just about to but then realised that it is in there under restaurants which is an accurate description, really.
    But I suppose we could call it a bar too, at a push.

Advertisement