Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual water pump not working.

Options
  • 17-02-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I have a dual water pump that is not working properly. Sometimes it won't start when I took it apart it will start but doesn't seem to be running up to full speed.

I'm quite familiar with three and single phase induction motors and they're starting arrangment and if it was an induction motor I would imagine the starting capacitor is not working properly but I suspect its a different type of motor.

Can anyone offer some advise as to what they think the problem may be. Also if someone has some resourses with regard to these type of motors and how they work it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If its an induction motor it can be the capacitor at fault, but it can also be the centrifugal switch which switches out the capacitor when the motor runs up to speed.

If its not an induction motor it will probably be a universal motor, universal because they will run on AC or DC unlike an induction motor which can only work on AC. If its a universal motor it could be the brushes worn down thats causing the problem, assuming all connections etc are ok.

Advertisement