Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning a flat screen tv?

• 17-02-2011 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,184 ✭✭✭✭

This may not be the best forum for this but I'll give it a shot.

Anyone got any recommendations on how to clean a LCD TV? Its in the kitchen and with the steam and finger marks etc its become quite grotty looking. I tried a tin of spray cleaner I got some time ago in Tesco but it just left the whole thing smeared.

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I use antistatic screen wipes, a bit like the wipes you can get to clean spectacles or clean monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sculdugery

any microfibre cloth will do just wet it a bit but not to damp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Sparkpea wrote: »
    I use antistatic screen wipes, a bit like the wipes you can get to clean spectacles or clean monitors.

Neighbour does the same. She swares by this method. It even got crayon off her child put on.

I bought a plasma cause i knew the lcd would be a bitch with my child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Neighbour does the same. She swares by this method. It even got crayon off her child put on.

I bought a plasma cause i knew the lcd would be a bitch with my child

I bought a 32" sony lcd last year....took it out and set it up on the new glass stand....went in to the kitchen to leave the empty box for the recycling pile....came back into the living room and the 3 year old was drawing on the screen with a purple crayon...hadn't even turned the fcuker on!! Ah the joy of kids!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is this wise, but it is easier to see some marks this way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You can buy spray/cleaning kits for flatscreens, though I believe it's just simply diluted isopropyl alcohol (probably the same on the wipes) - favoured because it cleans evaporates quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

mfceiling wrote: »
    I bought a 32" sony lcd last year....took it out and set it up on the new glass stand....went in to the kitchen to leave the empty box for the recycling pile....came back into the living room and the 3 year old was drawing on the screen with a purple crayon...hadn't even turned the fcuker on!! Ah the joy of kids!!

Absolutely brill love it :) reminds me of taking buttered toast out of the new VHS recorder :(
    Sparkpea wrote: »

Find these get most gunk off and polish wish a soft cloth removes any smears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Is this wise, but it is easier to see some marks this way.

Not recommended afaik. The solution dries too quickly and leaves stains

Advertisement