Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Useless Courses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ViP3r

had to go to a little something called class, where we actually do work that will be useful in the real world.

Again it's refreshing to see that an undergraduate degree won't teach you everything.

All of the courses in IT Carlow ar useful, whether they allow immediate access to a particular industry or not. In any event getting a degree opens doors and job opportunities. Not everything in the world happens inside a computer screen, and maybe you should look past it every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 RaleSlimShady

duffman13 wrote: »
    Yeah what kind of work is that? Your a great man for throwing the abuse around the place but your a bunhead of the highest order who cant actually respond to any of the points ive raised.

What the hell is a bunhead? Your posts are too long winded and waffle filled for me to bother reading them. Don't they teach you anything in Business? Obviously missed a few classes on how to be concise.

And unfortunately slim all the birds in my class are septic mutants so wouldnt waste my time with them but that was a good one!

Doesn't mean you haven't gotten your period cycle in sync with them. Thats what happens when women are around each other alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 smalltown

Typical argumentive and agressive tone from a business student. Duffman13, you are a mouth.

TALKING IS USED TO HIDE ONE'S INABILITY TO ACT

xE wrote: »
    What about your fecking syntax!?! It's ridiculous. You must have missed Legal Communication too often.

Attack the post not the poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭xE

ViP3r wrote: »
    Attack the post not the poster
    Hypocritical bullsh*ter.

Yep no problem admitting it i will be the one who is out all day monday, i can have a social aspect of my life that doesnt involve shouting down a microphone while playing games online.

I have a social aspect of my life too. Fair play to you picking a course that allows you to work, rest, play without the work. You'll find great opportunities awaiting you when you get out of here. Unfortunately, Tesco, Lidl, McDonalds, etc. only hire so many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

smalltown wrote: »
    Typical argumentive and agressive tone from a business student. Duffman13, you are a mouth.

TALKING IS USED TO HIDE ONE'S INABILITY TO ACT

Ah i will give ya credit for one thing its difficult to use two profiles at once! I know this is a wind up know. You keep it up if ya want Rory but its kinda gettin boring you can give me abuse if ya want but its good too see the gingers fighting back. Social Retards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otphq5MuVqA&feature=related

Agreed RaleSlimShady. Whos is the mod for this form, Duffman13 should be banned.

• Advertisement

I know this is a wind up know.

Do you now! :pac:

Actually not gonna bother

Ah i will give ya credit for one thing its difficult to use two profiles at once! I know this is a wind up know. You keep it up if ya want Rory but its kinda gettin boring you can give me abuse if ya want but its good too see the gingers fighting back. Social Retards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otphq5MuVqA&feature=related

Oh, the retarded ginger video. Glad to see you can work youtube. I'm sure you learned about that for one of your projects on embedding videos in a powerpoint presentation.

Actually not gonna bother

Just cause you failed at using the quote function properly. LOL!

Your posts are too long winded and waffle filled for me to bother reading them. Don't they teach you anything in Business? Obviously missed a few classes on how to be concise.

To be fair, that merely demonstrates your inability to comprehend idea's longer that 3 lines on a forum.

I think your simplicity in dealing with the subject stands to the fact that you agree with the OP.

Your ability to navigate what started as a calm discussion is as painfull as watching someone drown a bag of kittens in a river.

One thing is blindingly obvious however, we are all less intelligent from having reading your posts.For that I am eternally saddened.

Also I wrote this post in 2 line intervals just for you.

Just cause you failed at using the quote function properly. LOL!

I actually used it right the first time just changed it cause i thought you were someone else and i was naming names! I withdraw from this arguement, I.T. Carlow should be burned to the ground because we are all idiots who have wasted or time in contributing to this thread

• Advertisement

Are xE and RaleSlimShady shagging each other, I think so. Fags!

To be fair, that merely demonstrates your inability to comprehend idea's longer that 3 lines on a forum.

I think your simplicity in dealing with the subject stands to the fact that you agree with the OP.

Your ability to navigate what started as a calm discussion is as painfull as watching someone drown a bag of kittens in a river.

One thing is blindingly obvious however, we are all less intelligent from having reading your posts.For that I am eternally saddened.

Also I wrote this post in 2 line intervals just for you.

He IS the OP, moron. Talk about not being able to navigate a short discussion!

xE get outta here you steamer! You likes aren't welcome.

He IS the OP, moron. Talk about not being able to navigate a short discussion!

Attack the post not the poster.:)

Have a think about it.

Did the OP offer or respond to any arguments with any substance? (Indicating comprehension)

Did you?

I did single lines for you ;)

xE get outta here you steamer! You likes aren't welcome.

Relevance?

• Advertisement

Attack the post not the poster.:)

Have a think about it.

Did the OP offer or respond to any arguments with any substance? (Indicating comprehension)

Did you?

I did single lines for you ;)
    This clearly isn't a debate, from the first post anyone with an iota of sense would see that, we're not being quantified on the amount ad hominem attacks made or not made either.

Now I'm investing no more time in this thread. Furthermore, I reject any inference that I am a steamer.

raelslimshady and xe are obviously sitting beside each other in the computer games lab, liking each others posts, stroking each others personailities, its the only attention they get in life!
    ' will you rub me willy xe?" states raelslimshady
    xE replies " no bojer rael, i love to stroke cock'

****!

Humanities is a big ball of ****e. Just stating a fact.

raelslimshady and xe are obviously sitting beside each other in the computer games lab, liking each others posts, stroking each others personailities, its the only attention they get in life!
    ' will you rub me willy xe?" states raelslimshady
    xE replies " no bojer rael, i love to stroke cock'

****!

What a flip flopper you are. Why have you suddenly turned the thread into rampant homophobia? Lowest common denominator.

Are xE and RaleSlimShady shagging each other, I think so. Fags!

That's sexist too. I or xE could be female, but since we are both bashing business courses you decided neither of us could be women since they only do business and courses of that ilk in your mind. For shame.

This clearly isn't a debate, from the first post anyone with an iota of sense would see that, we're not being quantified on the amountad hominemattacks made or not made either.

Now I'm investing no more time in this thread. Furthermore, I reject any inference that I am a steamer.

(A) Why did you get involved if you felt that way?

(B) Why if it was indeed a debate in which you sought to participate, did you fail to offer any cohesive line of argumentation?

(C) Do you expect any credibility to attach to your assertions because you made anonymous, unfounded, generalized, throwaway statements?

(D) Why do you refer to the degradation of the debate into ad hominem attacks when you perpetuated them with personal abuse?

I thought a business degree was rock bottom. Didn't think you could become less intelligent if you were doing one.

Queers out!

Queers out!

The college has a LGBT society. Maybe you should check it out. Sounds like you have some seriously repressed homosexual feelings. This is your way of fighting them.

(A) Why did you get involved if you felt that way?
    For the purpose of amusement.
    Vip3r wrote:
    (B) Why if it was indeed a debate in which you sought to participate, did you fail to offer any cohesive line of argumentation?
    It was not a debate. That is not debatable. It is clear to all but you.
    Vip3r wrote:
    (C) Do you expect any credibility to attach to your assertions because you made anonymous, unfounded, generalized, throwaway statements?
    I'm not looking for credibility. The assertions I made are fact, and are widely shared. They stand on their own merits.
    Vip3r wrote:
    (D) Why do you refer to the degradation of the debate into ad hominem attacks when you perpetuated them with personal abuse?
    See my second answer.

• Advertisement

I thought dont a business degree was rock bottom. Didn't think you could become less intelligent if you were doing one.

Still waiting for some real reason as to why Business degrees might be pointless.

In the meantime you're providing ample evidence that the IT and engineering courses should be brought up to speed in some areas. Like perhaps the Humanities do a computer course module, you guys should do an alphabet module.Just a friendly suggestion.:)

Still waiting for some real reason as to why Business degrees might be pointless.

In the meantime you're providing ample evidence that the IT and engineering courses should be brought up to speed in some areas. Like perhaps the Humanities do a computer course module, you guys should do an alphabet module.Just a friendly suggestion.:)
    *edited*

Now, goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

It's your opinion, not fact

Ever hear of a typo? Nice that you managed to quote my mistake before I rectified it. Took you along time to come up with your little reply.

So, why are business degrees so pointless? I thought I stated that in original post, but I'll clarify it for you.

The classes are bull****. Most of the classes are based around MS Office. Real rocket science there. The country is in a massive recession. Business degrees were never in high demand, but when you are studying one at IT Carlow you really are at the bottom of the barrel. If, and this is a big if, I was in the position to hire a business graduate for some job who would I hire. Someone with a business degree from lets say for arguments sake UCD or IT Carlow. Figure it out Sherlock.

Ms Happy wrote: »
    It's your opinion, not fact

No ****, Sherlock? Who else's opinion would it be.

For the purpose of amusement.

Fine, but remember the college reputation may be tarnished by the kind of behavior demonstrated by those in this post.

Also, trolls and steamers do this.

Think about it.
    It was not a debate. That is not debatable. It is clear to all but you.

Thats your opinion, the usefulness of IT Carlow degrees is categorically debatable
    I'm not looking for credibility. The assertions I made are fact, and are widely shared. They stand on their own merits.

Again, nothing to back this up but your own word. Guess what, nothing credible as far as I can tell there.
    See my second answer.

Clarify please?

Also, I am not a steamer. I didn't enter this debate for my amusement. See above.

Is my name *edited*?

Ever hear of a typo? Nice that you managed to quote my mistake before I rectified it. Took you along time to come up with your little reply.

lets stick to the subject at hand. The delay was due to my participation in a video for the college website. Take from that what you will.

So, why are business degrees so pointless? I thought I stated that in original post, but I'll clarify it for you.

The classes are bull****. Most of the classes are based around MS Office. Real rocket science there. The country is in a massive recession. Business degrees were never in high demand, but when you are studying one at IT Carlow you really are at the bottom of the barrel. If, and this is a big if, I was in the position to hire a business graduate for some job who would I hire. Someone with a business degree from lets say for arguments sake UCD or IT Carlow. Figure it out Sherlock.

I cannot comment on the content and for the most part, the worth of business degrees. I can however, tell you that unless your doing one neither can you.

A humanities student wouldn't judge a computing course by the single module he's done in it.

Guess what, people differ in opinions. The only one's that matter are based in truth and reality. Arguably you have thus far failed to demonstrate a mature command of either.

Do you actually get the difference between fact and opinion?

What you should have said was; Humanities is a big ball of ****e. Just stating my opionion

It would have made more sense is all, then again not much of what has been said in this thread has made sense. I still can't believe you think your course is in any way better than another level 8 course. It's a crazy mentality to have.

What i took from reading your original posts was you are p!ssed off at the noise in the library -which is fair enough. It doesn't matter which students are looking to use the facilities provided, they are there for all registered students!

What have you done about it beside given out on this thread? have you aproached your student union/lecturers/tutors/head of department/registrar/president ???????????

You can b!tch and moan all you want but you'll actually have to do something if you want to see a room for CGD students. It's the college you should be mad at not students studying humanities, business, law etc.

lets stick to the subject at hand.

You called me on a typo. I was sticking to topic.

Check out my previous post, put up or shut up

• Advertisement

What i took from reading your original posts was you are p!ssed off at the noise in the library -which is fair enough. It doesn't matter which students are looking to use the facilities provided, they are there for all registered students!
    Perhaps the college is taking on too many students in their greed for government funding? Like to pay for that lovely stone wall, a new €7m pisshole for the Student Services pissheads and extravagances like that?

Check out my previous post, put up or shut up

Check yo self before you wreck yo self.

Check yo self before you wreck yo self.
    Uchenna, that you?

cause shotgun bullets are bad for your health

What have you done about it beside given out on this thread? have you aproached your student union/lecturers/tutors/head of department/registrar/president ???????????

Blocked the toilet in the library.

cause shotgun bullets are bad for your health
    lets stick to the subject at hand.

:pac:

• Advertisement

very good

Uchenna, that you?

?? I don't know what you mean.

verygood

I believe you meant "very good". You're welcome. :pac:

?? I don't know what you mean.
    Wasn't talking to you *edited*.

Perhaps the college is taking on too many students in their greed for government funding? Like to pay for that lovely stone wall, a new €7m pisshole for the Student Services pissheads and extravagances like that?

Student numbers increase based on demand - plain and simple.

You don't know where the money for the student services bulding came from do you?? would you prefer the college not expand in any way at all??

I take HUGE offence to the "Student Services Pissheads" comment. Have you ever had need to use any of the services provided by student services? or are you referring you student union?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement