Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I doing my health, diet and fitness right? please help!

Options
  • 17-02-2011 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,

Could really do with perfessional help and advice with this.

Im 20 years of age, i weigh 9st, height 5ft 5.
    In recent years i droped 3 stone, and in the past year I have maintained a weight of 9 - 9 1/2 stone.

My current it weight is proberly healthy for my age and height, but I would like to drop at least 7-10 pounds by June.

My main aim is to tone up, have a healthy diet , and feel good.
    I have researched alot on healthy foods, but find it quite difficult to eat most food that are good for you, im a big lover of fast foods, although i've cut them out alot in recent years.

My weekly diet and fitness plan is has follows, and would like someones advice on weather this is a right plan or where I can adjust to reach my target weight loss and my main aims .

I usually eat
    - BREAKFAST bowl of whole grain cereal with rasins(skimmed milk) and small glass of fruit juice 5 days out of 7 for breckfast . 2 days out of 7 i might have a rasher sandwhich or eggs(boiled or scrambled)
    - LUNCH usually consists of , *tuna sweetcorn sandwhich small bit of mayo
    or *chicken sandwhich
    *Boilled egg and onion sandwhich or
    *ham and cheese(low fat) sandwhich
    *chicken ceaser salad
    all sandwhichs are made with whole grain bread.
    -DINNER
    * smoked salmon with small bit of patatoes and small amount of veg
    * small amount of grilled lamb with small bit of patatoes and small amount of veg
    *chicken small bit of patatoes and small amount of veg
    * whole grain pasta, with a small amount of mice beef and small amount of sauce
    * fish, with small bit of patatoes and small amount of veg

- would like to know how much red meat ,white meat and fish should i be eating a week?
    I go to the gym on a monday tuesday, and wednesday for aprox an hour.
    half hour on the tredmill walking at a fast pace u hill
    and a half hour weight lifting.

At the weekends my diet can go funny, as socailse with friends alot and would not be in my house, therefore i would eat out alot and not really watch what i eat, cause I am on the go alot at the weekend.
    At weekends i tend to eat 1 - 2 takeouts (pizza, burgers, chips etc)

Would really appericate if someone would take there time reading this
    and give me there opinion on what im doing wrong with my health and fitness
    and what I am doing right, and how I can reach my aims.

Thanks very much for your time and help .
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

An easy mistake is portion size. At least once you should work out what your typical foods are in terms of calories. Even a very small potion of pasta or potatoes is fairly calorie dense. Compare this to your calories needs for the week, easily worked out.

Your weekends can easily sabotage any brilliant progress made during the week. Pizza, pasta, and especially alchohol are extremely calorie dense. A few beers and shots and a pizza could provide 1000 calories more than half of your daily total! Having a cheat meal once a week is a good way to enjoy what you like and stay on track, just watch how much of your fav thin you eat!

Alchohol really needs to be kept to a minimum. 1 to 2 units per week ideally if your trying to loose weight. Less is better.

Just those changes may be enough to help change your shape and weight.

Make sure your weight training covers every body part and NOT just the ones you want to change. Make sure your cardio is of a sufficiently high intensity, maybe do some interval once a week as well.

IF that does't work then it's time to further refine your diet and add more exercise to find what works for you. Learning about nutrition and exercise is a lengthy process but it's time well invested and a skill you will have with you for life.

Advertisement