Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS no longer offer fixed rate mortgages

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 nb83

was that 10 business days? did it specify in the letter tht it was valid for 10 days from the date on the letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

no ten calendar days. by the time i got the letter it had to be sent back the next day. it stated on the letter "rates are valid for 10 days from date of lettet but are subject to change". to be honest i thought they wud use the second half of sentence to get out of it but to their credit they honoured the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Hold on a second, they cant produce a letter and say that you have 10 days and then hold on to it for 4 or 5 day in their out box before they decide to post it. Thats why the post mark date is so important, I would certainly argue this point with them and if they would not honor this I would make an offical complaint and then esculate the complaint to the ombudsman!

Thats the thing there is no post stamp on the letter! Ive sent the envelope back to An Post to see if they can do anything for me. Hopefully they can prove it wasnt sent till the 7th cause I didnt receive it till the 8th. Its so unfair that the bank get 5 days to send it out and I get 2 days to send it back! And the 7 days includes the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

If you look closely at the envelope you will notice a bar code which is printed with ultravilot ink, this has the post information on it so they should be able to give you the post date!

• Advertisement

ya i saw that barcode alright so hopefully if i can prove that it was posted late it will help my case to get the fixed rate.

Advertisement