Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship manager 01-02 updated players

Options
  • 17-02-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Is there anyone still playing CM0102 or interested in playing it!?

an interesting little site i found that explains how to download it, run it and patch it to modern teams, players, rules etc.

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forum/

we might set something up online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Funny, just picked this up last week again. What a game.

I tried installing some of the patches on that site and the game just started crashing. I was probably unlucky with the patch but not worth the uninstall/reinstall etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

The tapani patch 3[1].06.3beta worked great for me anyway.

Was very impressed with the irish updated players and clubs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

I have been playing it since before xmas, really good game. I like the emphisis being back on buying players and having a good team rather than too much press and stuff in the newer games. I got the game already updated from a torrent site. Its freeware now so its not illegal.

I agree with you on the new games of football manager, way too much time waisted in interviews pre and post match and all the same questions get kind of boring after a while. I liked the match engine though.

Nothing beats championship manager 01/02 for me though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

ikeano29 wrote: »
    I agree with you on the new games of football manager, way too much time waisted in interviews pre and post match and all the same questions get kind of boring after a while. I liked the match engine though.

Nothing beats championship manager 01/02 for me though

You can skip the interviews by telling your assistant to handle it! I agree that there should be a hardcore FM mode...

• Advertisement

Yeah but the assitant seems to say all the wrong things i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Good to hear you're enjoying the updates guys :). Takes a lot of work to get everything up to date but if you find anything that needs changing (esp in Ireland) post it here we'll get it up to date ;)

I would say post them in the Scouting threads over on the site but not sure if it'll be seen as a plug (which is not the intention at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

I used to love CM 01/02!! So many lost hours on that game! Could never take to the FM games.

After you update it, does it still have two group stages in the CL?

Yeah unfortunately. Without the source code there's no way around it. And since the FM series still uses a lot of the early CM coding it'll never been changed I'm afraid.

Players are up to date until Feb 2011 though. Updating the data is the easy bit! Takes the programming whizz's to sort out the league structures etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

God, if I didn't have a wife and a job, I'd be playing this again!! :D

• Advertisement

Haha, it's addictive alright!!

Can't believe it's 10 years since this game debuted and still going so strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye have been on that forum since last summer, took me a little while to get used to getting the patches working but have it sorted now, have updated it for 3 mates too.

So enjoyable playing the game with the updated players, i can't get used to the newer FM games either, too complicated for me really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

only feels like yesterday i was playing this as like a 9/10 year old. got it for xmas 2001 i think and cudnt play it proplerly until i got a laptop in 2003. remember then it absolutely flying, coz when i put it on my windows 95 it took soo long to even load the game

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Defo my favorite from any of the CM/FM games! Might sound like an aul lad but the game was simple, no complications. Could fly through a season..bringing loi teams all the way to the Champions league final! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

ah series moved on tho, i tried playing it and found it terrible. simpler times, i took great joy in guiding my heavily edited barca team to a 4 yr unbeaten run/ and shels dominating the loi with players like sami kuffour and wez hoolihan edited to be 1 of the worlds best players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

partyndbs wrote: »
    ah series moved on tho, i tried playing it and found it terrible. simpler times, i took great joy in guiding my heavily edited barca team to a 4 yr unbeaten run/ and shels dominating the loi with players like sami kuffour and wez hoolihan edited to be 1 of the worlds best players

thats no challenge though

partyndbs wrote: »

You must be pretty bad to have to edit the Barca squad in the current update :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robert2011

ikeano29 wrote: »
    Yeah but the assitant seems to say all the wrong things i think.

i agree the assistants say all the wrong stuff and there is no school like the old school and thats why cm0102 is the best i also got some tools which i never see for any other game that lets me update the db on cm0102 and even alter start date well cool

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

Oh my god, thank you soooo much

Never new anything like this existed..LEGENDARY STUFF!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robert2011

BlueBaron wrote: »
    Oh my god, thank you soooo much

Never new anything like this existed..LEGENDARY STUFF!!!

well if you give me ur email i can try to send some of these tools to you cant promise it will work but will try

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

robert2011 wrote: »
    i agree the assistants say all the wrong stuff and there is no school like the old school and thats why cm0102 is the best i also got some tools which i never see for any other game that lets me update the db on cm0102 and even alter start date well cool

sure i find the assistants in my cm 01/02 an absolute thick when i ask for his opinion on a player,hes only good when he tells me a youth is doing well,ditto for scouts so many times they have scouted a prospect only for them to say hes useless only for me to sign him and become a cm god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Lads, I'm currently playing ChampMan 01/02 (best game ever) with the updated database (Tapani etc). Everything's going great so far, no bugs or anything.

Myself and friends have been trying to set-up a Network game, so that we can play online together. We've downloaded Hamachi (the network program needed) but we haven't a clue what to do then.

Does anyone have a clue?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Lads, I'm currently playing ChampMan 01/02 (best game ever) with the updated database (Tapani etc). Everything's going great so far, no bugs or anything.

Myself and friends have been trying to set-up a Network game, so that we can play online together. We've downloaded Hamachi (the network program needed) but we haven't a clue what to do then.

Does anyone have a clue?

Cheers!

The Dugout have a great guide to the setup here.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Eventually got this working, find it more complicated than FM11 :p
    Brings memories back though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 senorsweeney

Downloaded the game and the Feb '11 patch just last night.

It is undoubtedly the greatest football manager game ever invented. Still got the buzz when the screen flashes for a goal (even though now aged 27).

My friend and I ended up staying up till 2am last night playing the game, the update patch is class and very well done.

Next step is to download the patch that will allow us to set-up a network game.

Anyone any tips for good players to sign with the updated players?

Hmmm, I could give you tips for the Sept 2011 patch mate, not the Feb one

You'll get the Sept 2011 one here - http://champman0102.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=290

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

i downloaded and installed the sept 11 patch but it just updates the players to 1 year later eg cannavaro and crespo now at Inter and Ronaldo is at Real Madrid. has anyone had this problem?

I think you've just install the 3.9.68 patch and not updated the data correctly - if you weren't asked to overwrite any files when copying the update files into the championship manager 01-02\data folder it hasn't been updated correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

how do i do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Wow I remember this only too well. I managed Sunderland for about ten seasons. I had Kevin Philips and Robbie Keane up front. Cant go back to playing it, far too addictive, but I agree it was the best of the lot.

Advertisement