Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block Comments on Facebook Pages, how to?

Options
  • 17-02-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

does anyone know how to block all comments on wall posts since the changes last week?

It's causing me major hassle, I've un-ticked:

• Users can write or post content on the Wall
    • Users can add photos
    • Users can add videos

but still comments are being posted

I'm going to have to lose fb if I cannot stop them:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Those are the only options and they should work. FB has it's glitches from time to time so it's possible that there may be an issue with these. I have found in the past that when they make changes sometimes the changes work better in different browsers.

Try also changing the default to "posts by page only" and they untick the box beside it.

The other thing to note that you can ban followers. A last resort but if you have troublesome posters thats the nuclear option.

There's also a moderation block list and a profanity blocklist.

A good policy would be to have "House Rules" in your Notes which means you have a set policy as to how comments will be treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jane Blonde

so basically it's not working:(

Thanks Brian, I think adding the note is a good idea too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

so basically it's not working:(

Thanks Brian, I think adding the note is a good idea too.

Have a look at the House Rules for Hotels.com and the BBC on FB. I'm sure they've had expensive lawyers put together their rules! It's good to have it there for everybody's benefit. Unfortunately, there are some people think that the Internet is not regulated and you can do and say what you like. Not so.

Do you mind me asking what your FB page is? You can PM if you are not comfortable with putting it here.

I found that when FB introduced the new page format that some of the new features did not initially work correctly in Internet Explorer. I used Google Chrome and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jane Blonde

Cheers Brian,

FB have yet to come back with an answer, but on the up side a couple of clients have gotten used to the idea and are now answering back with to the acceptable questions.

See you Thursday

Advertisement