Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Lodge problems / security flaws

Options
  • 17-02-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Hello,

anyone ever had a problem with quicklodging money?

I have to say that I've had it twice before a few years ago, both Bank of Ireland, as that's who I banked with.

Just had a lodgement go missing yesterday / today at Ulster Bank and waiting for the outcome before close of business today.

A habit I've got into, but which is a BAD idea, is to bring home envelopes and have them pre-filled in already. Just been advised by someone at this branch that all 9 of their lodgements correspond to the numbers they had on their list of envelopes BUT mine is not there and mine is an envelope from another branch i.e. different sequence. It shouldn't matter (I was told before and again this morning that it's ok to do) but it shows, that, by using internal branch measures that are irrelevant, someone has overlooked my lodgement, leading to a security risk. My lodging it will be on cctv of course but it shows that human error (shortcuts) lead to most security breaches.

I always check a lodgement 3-4 hours after closing and again and again until I see it online. I've had clerical errors AND lodgements go missing.

Anyone else got any hints / tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I have to say I've used UB's express lodgement service many times and never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I have to say I've used UB's express lodgement service many times and never had an issue.

Until yesterday/today, I could happily state the same. Just reading this http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=11918 now and have decided never again

Good news!

Bank have agreed to deposit the money despite my not having shown the notes on camera. They know, from record, that I always come in on wednesdays. I, for my part, will not be using quicklodge again or if have to, I will count out the money in front of the cameras and use only their branch envelopes.

The 2 ladies who looked after that quicklodge batch are off until next Monday. they might get a bit of a surprise then, i hope they don't go on the beer on Sunday night ;-D Hopefully, they'll get the sack. Because somebody robbed my envelope.

I only hope that the employees who processed them aren't set up by another. That they didn't lapse on protocol and end up taking the fall for a seasoned teller. That can have happened also.

Beware quicklodge!! I won't even use it for cheques again.

I won't be naming which branch of Ulster bank. ONLY because the branch are refunding and because I was dealt with so well by an executive (they took this VERY seriously, as well they should).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Lets hope whoever lifted the envelope gets the sack! makes me weary of using UB quick lodge again. Its all ive used for the most part since opening my account!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Doubt it was robbed tbh. Far to many camera's.

Could be a simple cash of it lodged to the wrong account which is an easy mistake to make, ie using there sort code and your account number. If its not your original branch.

But keying errors do happen and there are plenty of ways to make a mistake.

• Advertisement

Doubt it was robbed tbh. Far to many camera's.

Could be a simple cash of it lodged to the wrong account which is an easy mistake to make, ie using there sort code and your account number. If its not your original branch.

But keying errors do happen and there are plenty of ways to make a mistake.

No, no, no. I'm sure I've said it above, there were 9 serialised envelopes 'expected' from their branch and 9 were 'found'. Mine was from xxxxxx branch. so yes, it is 'missing' or whatever way you would like to describe it. When I rang back on the penultimate time after 4 contacts that day, I rang on an internal line that I'd been rang on. Without announcing my reason for calling, the lady in question said 'oh, you're ringing about the Quicklodge. he's upstairs all afternoon (going through the cctv, it turned out). he had suggested that perhap the envelope got stuck. But no, it turns out it hadn't. It went for a walk. Because ?? Who knows? maybe because they only check off against their own serialised (in-branch) envelopes: - big security lapse. maybe 1 person instead of two checks out the lodgements, which would mean that my trust in my sealed envelope and self-certified envelope receipt would count for zilch:- who knows??

The reality is the bank have put 100 into my account despite there now being NO envelope. That tells me a lot.

Advertisement