Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Rating Query

Options
  • 17-02-2011 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

Does missing a payment on a loan but then paying it affect your credit rating?

A couple of months back the bank took a payment for car finance from my account and brought me slightly into the red. A day later because I was in the red they relodged the payment to my account. I didn't notice this for a couple of weeks until i recieved a letter stating that I missed a payment.

At that time another payment was due which was taken from my account but I didn't have enough to cover the missed payment too. It took me a week or two to put the cash together and I payed what was outstanding and have made the payments since. I have never missed a payment in various loans over 10 years or so.

Does this affect my credit rating ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Generally an occasional missed payment won't effect your credit rating with the ICB. You can always request a copy of your credit report for a few Euros at www.icb.ie

Of course, if you apply for any other further products with the same provider, they'll see it and it may impact their desicion, but that's different.

Advertisement