Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSA Back payment

• 17-02-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I applied for JSA 22 Dec, filled forms, signed a gazillion bits of papers.
    had my interview 14th Jan.
    Signed on 24th Jan.

I got a letter today 17/2 to say they have decided I am entitled to the full JSA €196.

It says my first payment will be in post office tomorrow 18/2.

What I'm wondering is will I be backpaid?

I've tried to call the office to no avail.

Does anyone know if you get back paid from the day you go into office and apply or is it when you make the first sign on date?!

It seems tad unfair as that means no money for a whole month?!

I've used my credit card andam really hoping for backpayment?

Can anyone help?!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The full JSA now is €188 Euro (reduced to that from €196.00 at last Budget time, effective 1st January). You will get a back payment dated from the date you made your JSA application, minus the first three days. However, it may not be with your first payment at the Post Office but is likely to show up with the 2nd or 3rd week's payment. If it hasn't shown up by then, ask about it at your local SW office.

You would have been entitled to ask your local Community Welfare Officer at the HSE office for Supplementary Welfare payments to tide you over while you were waiting for your JSA claim to be processed but of course if you had received such payments they would be deducted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 saoirsebui

Balagan wrote: »
    The full JSA now is €188 Euro (reduced to that from €196.00 at last Budget time, effective 1st January). You will get a back payment dated from the date you made your JSA application, minus the first three days. However, it may not be with your first payment at the Post Office but is likely to show up with the 2nd or 3rd week's payment. If it hasn't shown up by then, ask about it at your local SW office.

You would have been entitled to ask your local Community Welfare Officer at the HSE office for Supplementary Welfare payments to tide you over while you were waiting for your JSA claim to be processed but of course if you had received such payments they would be deducted now.

Thanks for that, just triple checked letter dated 15th Feb, received today and it def says €196! I thought it would be€188.

Very odd, is it an error I wonder. Should I tell them in office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

I'd wait and see what money showed up in the Post Office this week. Since you applied in December when it was €196 they might backpay you for the days you were eligible in December at that rate and then from 1 January at €188.00. If they start paying you €196 each week, you'd best go tell them because, they way they work, your mistakes are your mistakes and their mistakes are your mistakes also in that you have to repay overpayments. Hope it all goes smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 boardzUser

Was in the same boat as you, went in a few days before xmas. Got a letter a few weeks ago saying i could pick up my first payment the following day.

The letter should also have said when you will be back dated until. If you went in on the 22nd your dole should start on the 25th(3 "waiting days")

I think tomorrow you will get full amount; circa 1500 euro

The 196 is up until the end of the year, its 188 after that. My letter said the same as yours but when i worked it out it was 188 from Jan on

Advertisement