Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of Meteor Plan

Options
  • 17-02-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    In a nutsheel my (dumb) sister is with meteor and 2months ago stupidly changed her paln from plan 50 to 35 thinking she would save money. However she never thought about the fact that she would also have 2 stop talking aswell! Basically her bill for last month was €260 and today she got a lovely bill for €160. My question is how the hell can she get out of this plan and leave meteor altogether. The plan im on with more minutes, texts etc would take 7 months to accue the amount she just got billed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

Why doesn’t she just change her plan back to 50? I doubt Meteor would have any problem doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If she is in contract, then the only way to leave is to pay off the remaining balance of the contract (i.e x months * €Y per month).

Her best bet is to look at the usage and get Customer Service, or a sales rep in the shop to recommend a suitable monthly plan. That's a big bill for Meteor (I barely used to go over €30 per month with them) so she really needs to look at her usage. Otherwise she's going to have the same problem in the future, regardless of network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If she's in a contract right now, which is likely since she just changed price plan, then her best bet is to upgrade back to the one she was on. Otherwise it's like dudara said, and she will have to buy out of the current one. They will normally allow you to upgrade your price plan at any time, but this will also re-start the contract, so she'll have to stick with it for 12 months (or more, depends on what they specify).

jor el wrote: »
    They will normally allow you to upgrade your price plan at any time, but this will also re-start the contract, so she'll have to stick with it for 12 months (or more, depends on what they specify).

Moving plan doesn't always restart your contract. My wife moved from a Bill Pay Connect to a Smart plan last week. When she did it she specifically asked about this and they said that the contract term would not restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

o2 are the only one's that force you to sign in for another 12 or 18mts if you change your price plan. It really should be illegal.

Your sis is probably be better off moving to bill pay max or see can she move the the minimum plan and buy her way out.

Is your sister a big texter, that could be costing her a fortune if she's used to pre pay, you really need to sit down with a few bills and go through them yourself and then pick the right plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

SteM wrote: »
    Moving plan doesn't always restart your contract. My wife moved from a Bill Pay Connect to a Smart plan last week. When she did it she specifically asked about this and they said that the contract term would not restart.

Would check the terms of the contract. They tell you what you want in store to get you on plans as it keeps you tied into a new contract.

Most contracts state an upgrade or change of contract means a renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

do the upgrade back to what she had and even if they make her stay for 12mths she will most likely be better off - just get all her bills and compare the usage to verify that she will be better off. Might be that her calling patterns have changed i.e. calling O2 or vodafone customers more NB on the bill look at the call costs not the numbers as remember people can still be 085 but have already moved network. Oh and maybe ease off on the phone to phone talking a little :p

chris85 wrote: »
    Would check the terms of the contract. They tell you what you want in store to get you on plans as it keeps you tied into a new contract.

Most contracts state an upgrade or change of contract means a renewal

Nope, she had the cs agent mail her at the time confirming there was no renewal.

Advertisement