Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Eircom -> Switch of other provider

• 17-02-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

With the ability to now cancel my Eircom Contract how do you go about moving to another provider. I presume if I cancel then I no longer have a phone line to order on from another provider.

Is it possible to cancel Eircom and move to another provider and still keep my Phone Number?

Rgds
    Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You just sign up to the other provider. Don't cancel anything with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭chrislynch8

I am canceling because they are changing the T&C of my contract and they give a difference number to ring and cancel because of the price increases.

So contacting another and switching that was will no incur any extra charges from Eircom

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭chrislynch8

After lots of though, I am deciding to sway with Eircom. I rang Vodafone and the first person said my line didn't quality, the second person said I could get 8Mbps (not up to) so I questioned that, he said you will be able to get the UP TO 8Mps but from his test of the line I should get at least 5-6, Bull****.

Rang Imagine, was told I could get the UP TO 10Mbps package which shouldn't great until I looked in Imagine a bit more and going on This forum and alot of other places, stay clear of Imagine.

Seeing as no one else is available in my Area, I am happy with Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

all other dsl providers require an eircom line.... so your screwed which ever provider you choose.

Digiweb wireless and UPC dont need an eircom line. you can have your number ported over to their networks.

Advertisement