Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne Membership Management

Options
  • 17-02-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Ok Situation:

I signed into a contract to join a gym for 24 months, after 3 months my circumstances changed and i could no longer afford it. so i canceled the direct debit.

I got letters saying i was in arrears and now they are threatening default on me. so i sent them an email and letter saying that i was canceling the membership as i could no longer afford it. They replied that there was no way out of it and i HAVE to pay the full amount. Then they started mentioning this other company called "CFM" (creative fitness marketing) say that i have a contract with them who i had never heard of until 2 days ago. No where during the sales/sign up process are these crowd mentioned as the group that i was signing a contract with and in Ashbourne's T&C it says "1. Membership
    If you confirm this agreement, you will become a member of the club that is referred to.
    This agreement sets out the terms that will govern the relationship between us, the club that is referred to, and you, a member of our club."

To me that is a very ambiguous statement where they say "the club", to anyone signing up would mean the gym not "CFM". To me i see it as being "Bait and Switch" Baiting me with my local gym and switching the terms to tie me to another company that was never mentioned.

Where do i stand with that?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement